• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really feel the need to point out the obvious?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I am not a good typist, only ever use the laptop for entertainment mainly. I did learn some skills at school 15 years ago but never had cause to put them to practice. My point is though I will often write a word a bit backwards.... I call it typers dyslexia. A common one i will do for example is - jsut / just and there are many more. So here in cafemom I see alot of' people will point out others faults, in that they maybe don't understand the way a sentence is worded or there are spelling mistakes. Well have people considered that there may be people her who haven't had schooling or maybe like me haven't much PC etiquette, maybe they are also not native english speakers. Sometimes people write in ahurry or are so upset, wound up, excited at that point they don't look over there post. Its not really that much of a scandal. Be kind and don't fault. I am imperfect too :)

Just a thought!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
armywifey26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM

That is why I always try to use the Check Spelling before I post. But sometimes I forget.

armywifey26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:38 AM

P.S. I have never pointed out typing errors cause yes, it happens. I don't think it a big deal :)

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Not a big deal to me either.  I will say the posts that have no periods and is one long run on sentence I tend to stop reading and click the back button. 

MommytoNandA
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I always spell check for this reason.

Quoting armywifey26:

That is why I always try to use the Check Spelling before I post. But sometimes I forget.

Jewelzgirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM
i do overlook those things you mentioned, however, if it is not written to where i can understand what is trying to be said, i will say something...a huge part of communication is speaking/writing in a manner where you are understood. if i don't understand what you are trying to say, then we cannot have a conversation.
TinaN64
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM

The only times I point out errors is when the person I'm correcting makes snide remarks about the intelligence of someone else, or if the errors make it hard to read the post.

I don't care usually.  Most people type the way they talk. 

Though, it does hurt me to see the "there, their, they're", "to, too, two" errors and the idiots who type in text speak or use 2 as a word...i.e.  "Im goin 2 the store l8r"... that just pisses me off.

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I agree with this. Because you never know. I know there was a lady on here who's spelling was terrible. Come to find out she had learning disabilities. And people still ridiculed her.

Quoting armywifey26:

P.S. I have never pointed out typing errors cause yes, it happens. I don't think it a big deal :)

turtletastik
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I will not read if I can't understand a thing...I know lots who wont either.

LeelansMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I agree with you all too. I just noted a few people today making a hulla bullu over certain posts they could not understand in a nasty kind of way so I thought of this. Definitely no biggie! Thats my point. :) And ya if we don't understand a point back click is the simpliest way to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)