Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I might be pregnant! HELP! I need tips, advice, anything!!! **update on page four**

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM
  • 38 Replies

My DD is 6 months old, and I'm getting the feeling that I might be pregnant again. I'm not sure if I've missed my period (they tend to be pretty irregular) but it's been about six weeks. I've been having mood swings, but that might just be pms. I've been really tired in the morning, but that might be because DD wakes up earlier that I'm used to. It seems like I have to pee more, but that might be all in my head. What I'm worried about is my in laws. When they found out I was pregnant the first time, they were so pissed. (we were 18 and about to graduate) DH dad even called him white trash. (we're living with them until jan. btw) I'm worried about what they're gonna say this time. MIL has been getting on to me about getting BC, which I did for two months, but then we couldn't afford it (baby comes first) so we've been pulling out and using condoms. And I'm worried about having two babies so close together. Not to mention DH joined the air force, and he's going to basic training in July, and won't be done with that and tech school until around end of January, which I did the math, and that'll be the time the baby is due, if I'm pregnant. DH is buying a test today, and honestly, he's freaking out over this. He's not ready for another baby, not to mention he won't be here for almost all of my pregnancy. Let me say again, it's just a feeling I have

by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I don't have any advice.....take the test and go from there.  There could be many reasons you haven't had a period but the test is the only way to know.  You don't have to tell them right away untilyou are ready too.  Hugs and prayers.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Where will you be living after January?  If you couldn't afford BC now, how will you afford anything later?  Even Planned Parenthood has BC for a very low cost.

lcappytan05
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

well, when he is actually in, you will be able to get an ID card and all the benefits (TRICARE and such), so you will be covered in that aspect.

dumdscreenname
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

??? kinda sounds like it to me, but it also sounds like horribly bad timing so i'm gonna cross my fingers for you and hope you are not.

Mom2RJnVA
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I have been in your situation (still living with ds' grandparents) and I know how you feel.  The thing that I had to remember was not to stress it and just take a test.  You could be missing your period due to the stress or the hormones from your BC since you were only on it for two months or just because of your body still adjusting to being a mommy.  I'm sure everything will workout just fine whether you are or aren't pregnant.  God bless!

AirForceWife14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM
We can't afford it now because DH works for his dad, and doesn't get paid much. When he does get paid we buy gas, diapers, baby wipes, and some food. There goes almost the whole paycheck. In January we'll be on military housing and get military pay

Quoting WifeyC:

Where will you be living after January?  If you couldn't afford BC now, how will you afford anything later?  Even Planned Parenthood has BC for a very low cost.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Take the test and take a deep breath.  Once he leaves for basic, you will have insurance and everything you need.  He will even get BAH so you could probably get an apartment if you wanted to, or pay rent to the in laws (or more if you are already paying)

Don't worry about your MIL she will get over it.  It is YOUR baby and YOUR body.  Not hers.  Your DH will have a nice stable income, and you guys will have insurance.

ShirreeM
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Bump

MommyCakesinTX
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM

BUMP!

2beautygirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Please keep us updated.I'll be praying for ya!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)