Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my thyroid and vitamin D tested

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

So last week I decided to make an appointment with my doctor b/c I am super tired I can barely function sometimes.  I can not get up early and I'm just about always late to work.  I know I have a lot going on in my life, but so does everyone else.  I just don't feel like this is normal.  I go to bed at the latest by 10, unless it's for something special and I try to wake at 6, but it's soo difficult.  So I had my thyroid and vitamin D tested and they both came back ok.  So it's not that.  I really want to get in the habit of working out and loosing a couple pounds, I'm not too terribly overweight but I could stand to loose a few pounds.  But by the time I get home from work, do dinner, kids bath, kids in bed, I'm exhausted.  And sometimes I make it to the gym, just not on a constant basis b/c I just get too worn out.  What else could it be?  I know I don't need vitamins, I take a multi vitamin by Shaklee and there's no extra need.  My only other though is that my IUD is causing some of the tiredness, but I've been super tired for a couple years now, before I had the IUD.....

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
coupon.queen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I had the same symptoms and found out I was anemic. Did they  check your hemoglobin?

lilrie1980
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I don't think so.  I have to call on Friday to find out about my cholesterol check, so I can ask then if they did.

Jaidamom03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM
This isn't meaning to scare you but I was feeling the same way earlier last year and by Easter I had grown a lump in my throat. Went to doc had thyroid tested. Everything came back normal. Did biopsy on lump- normal. My doc was really aggressive because of the quickness that it grew. We decided to take out the half that was large. He said they would test it and if they found anything abnormal they would remove everything. It came back as stage 3 cancer with quite a few lumps besides the big one on my thyroid. If I would have waited 6 months it would have spread elsewhere. I am great now with meds. I would recommend an ultrasound at least so theu can look and make sure. Sorry if this alarms you but it scared the hell out
of me too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilrie1980
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

BUMP!

ccoyle4
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I have this problem..my thyroid has been tested tons of times.  Umm...They've done an abdominal ultrasound to check glands, they've done a CT scan to check....umm...they've checked different hormones.  My doctor did every blood work known to her...last but not least she checked my vitamin D and my B12.  I am deficient with both of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)