Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have decided.... I'm having the reversal... but now,

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 5 Replies

I need to lose some weight, so I can have as healthy a surgery/pregnancy as possible.

HELP. 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RissaBusch
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Well, I lost all my weight by walking!  I walked every day and lost 71 lbs after my daughter was born.  I gained a crap ton of weight with her.  I just walked.

DreadyMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

WOW! 71 pounds! WAY TO GO!!!! Thats awesome. Did you watch what you ate at all (well more than usual) or did you just walk?

Did you use a treadmill or go around the block/up the street kind of walking? How far did you go? 

LOL Sorry I have so many questions. But thats a lot of weight and you must be so proud of yourself. Its a wonderful accomplishment.

(and thats about what I have to lose)

Quoting RissaBusch:

Well, I lost all my weight by walking!  I walked every day and lost 71 lbs after my daughter was born.  I gained a crap ton of weight with her.  I just walked.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

tredmill and diet. good luck.

RissaBusch
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I cut out any and all fast food.  And really cut down on fried anything.  I ate really, really, really insanely unhealthy.  We really did have to also do a huge lifestyle change.

But with eating healthy and walking a lot sometimes 4-5 miles a day it just started coming off! I walked in parks and around my neighborhood.  There's a park attached to the neighborhood with a walking trail and also another close by.  It's also pretty hilly so it was never just a flat boring walk- plus I was either carrying or pushing a baby LOL.

I didn't believe people when they said walking was so good for you but it really is.  Just in general it makes me feel better. 

Quoting DreadyMom:

WOW! 71 pounds! WAY TO GO!!!! Thats awesome. Did you watch what you ate at all (well more than usual) or did you just walk?

Did you use a treadmill or go around the block/up the street kind of walking? How far did you go? 

LOL Sorry I have so many questions. But thats a lot of weight and you must be so proud of yourself. Its a wonderful accomplishment.

Quoting RissaBusch:

DreadyMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I think this sounds like a good plan. Its very simple and straight forward. People complicate losing weight I think. (I am sooo guilty of that)

Thanks for sharing. I know this is what I need to do.

Quoting RissaBusch:

I cut out any and all fast food.  And really cut down on fried anything.  I ate really, really, really insanely unhealthy.  We really did have to also do a huge lifestyle change.

But with eating healthy and walking a lot sometimes 4-5 miles a day it just started coming off! I walked in parks and around my neighborhood.  There's a park attached to the neighborhood with a walking trail and also another close by.  It's also pretty hilly so it was never just a flat boring walk- plus I was either carrying or pushing a baby LOL.

I didn't believe people when they said walking was so good for you but it really is.  Just in general it makes me feel better. 

Quoting DreadyMom:

Quoting RissaBusch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)