• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbor out of line?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM
  • 21 Replies

Just curious what your opinion is.

Neighbor's daughter, 10, talks about very inappopriate things. She's asked the other girls in the neighborhood (between the ages of 6 and 9) who they wanted to have sex with, talks about having sex with boys and called another girl a lesbian because she didn't want to have sex with a boy.  Many of the girls don't feel comfortable with this and have told their parents.

A few months ago, another neighbor tried talking to the mother but the daughter denied it. This past weekend, another parent talked to the girl himself. The mother found out and is very angry.

So, with that said, was the neighbor who spoke to the little girl out of line?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenchic
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

yep, we got them here too, i would tell the parents, and keep your kids away from them for a bit.....

exceptalilfish
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

if a male neighbor was getting on to her for talking about sexual stuff, yeah i think that is a little inappropriate.

Orionsgirl

She's 10. An adult talked to a 10 year about sex basically. Yes, if I was the mother I'd be angry.

Lanie_momofone

I dont think so, where was the mother of the little girl when all this was going on? Perhaps the mother should pay more attention to her daughter, then just assume that the daughter is telling the truth. I mean come on...more then 1 parent saying the same thing, would be a clue that something was really going on for me.

MikeysMom51108
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I'd be upset if some neighbor talked to my child about it. Of course, if it were my child saying those things, I'd do what I could to find out why. I'm not sure I was even thinking about sex at 10...so that in itself seems strange to me. But, like I said, I wouldn't want some neighbor (particularly a male neighbor) talking to my 10 year old daughter about it--mainly because it is of a sexual nature.

2princesnaKing
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

No, I APPLAUD that neighbor for speaking to the little girl. My gosh, what a pair of dumb asshole of parents she has. Someone has to correct her. The parents should actually be grateful to that person. She's a kid and very misguided, i feel terrible for her. Hopefully the parents will wake up and address the problem.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM

yea out of line for sure. she should have tried to talk to the parent. not the child.

Solo_Fan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I dont think he was out of line, if he just told her that it was not appropriate to be talking like that.  Obviously, the girls parents dont care what she is doing.  They have been told by a few different parents what their daughter is doing!!!

WildKat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

The male neighbor speaking to the girl, yes.  I do feel that that can be construed the wrong way.  What the neighbors need to do is take turns talking to the mother  about it.  If she hears the same thing from lots of different people, she will believe them over her daughter, eventually.

Peace,

Kat

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Um, why is a 6, 9, and 10 year old playing without any parental supervision? My children do not go outside without me and I don't let random neighborhood kids onto my property without their parents. If a responsible parent was there when the girl started to ask those inappropriate questions, then the situation could have been stopped and the girl sent away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)