Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your husband's job the only one that matter?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM
  • 191 Replies

I'm asking the military wives? I'm always seeing them whine about this and that? What makes his job more important than say a police officer, a coal miner, a truck driver, a construction worker, etc?

I'm just asking...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiyahsMommy08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM

This is a journal I wrote:

I notice a lot of moms have men that are in the military. GREAT! I plan on joining the Air Force after getting my degree. My question is what makes a military spouse better than any other profession's spouse? Is it because they VOLUNTEER to put their lives on the line? What about the spouse of a police officer, a fire fighter, a coal miner?

Shouldn't they be praised just as much?

mommas3cubs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Uh maybe because they  go out and protect  and serve our country maybe that is why their job is more important.

wedding websites

Just_Bethy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM

MY hubby's job IS that important...LMAO..He is in the oil field...a driller...if these guys don't do their jobs...NO ONE does...Not even the military can work with out fuel....Unless you wanna walk...you need our guys!!...lol...

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM

My husband is Reserves, so part time military. His military job and his full time job at home are the only important ones to me because those jobs are what pay our bills. I don't expect anyone else to think that my husbands jobs are the only important jobs because it's not what is paying their bills. I hope I make sense and you understand what I'm trying to say.

LittleMomma13
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:45 AM

none. my husband my not work a dangerous job but it is important. he works as a night food clerk. he stocks shelves. no, its not high and mighty important but he's the reason there is food on the shelves at the store. Its a respectable job and even though its not what you call important, its not military or anything, he still counts. I know a lot of wives who's husbands work a dangerous job think that their man's job is the most important but it takes all kinds for this country to run. I have respect for any man who has a job and takes pride in supporting his family

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on May. 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I dont think anyones job is more important than anyone else's. Every person's job matters...and is there for a reason.

My hubby is a diesel mechanic...and has been for 28 yrs. He's one of many who keep the big rigs on the road..so they can in turn deliver to stores, factories, restaurants, etc....

He also drives part time to Nogales Arizona and picks up seats and brings them back to the Ford Plant..so they can put the cars together.

jillbailey26
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM

So do police officers and firemen. 

Quoting mommas3cubs:

Uh maybe because they  go out and protect  and serve our country maybe that is why their job is more important.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

RiyahsMommy08

Yeah they VOLUNTEER for this...

Quoting mommas3cubs:

lex07

What do you see military spouses complaining about??

coupon.queen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

My husband is a cop and he goes out to protect and serve just the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)