Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you teach you little girl how to breastfeed?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM
  • 108 Replies

Spanish toymaker Berjuan released a doll that allows children to "breast-feed" their babies. A girl wears a special halter top with flowers instead of nipples that cause the baby to make sucking sounds and move its mouth. The tagline for the toy reads, "Because you shouldn't have to wait until you have breasts before you start breastfeeding your baby." We think you should.
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnyBaby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I see nothing wrong with it. There are many baby dolls that come with bottles. What's the difference?

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM
??? certainly if she WANTED it.. but i think it is weird... i know the baby bottle thing isnt the best thing.. but it does make sence with a kids toy... my 4 yr old son is very disappointed that he wont get boobies so maybe i should buy it and get him a set of boobs! lol jk
CarterMommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Quoting SunnyBaby:

I see nothing wrong with it. There are many baby dolls that come with bottles. What's the difference?

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 26, 2010 at 11:09 AM

My DD "nursed" her baby dolls all the time. She saw me nursing her little brother so it was only natural for her to imitate me. Little girls bottle feed their babies, so whats the difference? Why is it so taboo to teach your child that breastfeeding is normal and natural and not sexual at all? 

Being happy doesnt mean everything is perfect. It means you decide to look past the imperfections.

EvaSerenity
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Quoting SunnyBaby:

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I think the tag line is a little over the top(seems to be focusing on the need for "bigger" breasts), but I see nothing wrong with the doll/concept.

My boys had a doll when my third was born...it had a bottle and they had NO clue what it was for. We never had a bottle in the house at all so they didnt understand why the doll would eat from a bottle.

FranksHoney

This. And my DD already nurses all of her baby dolls lol.

Quoting SunnyBaby:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Ashleighrose
Where can I buy one!??? =)
isra1986
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I don't see why there has to be a special doll for it. DD already feeds her baby dolls this way.

happymum2010
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM

i love breastfeeding honestly... but i think the toy is too much.. buts thats just my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)