Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please, please, please help us!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son was on a GREAT schedule.  Bed at 8:00 up at 8-9 in the morning.  Well, last week he started waking up at 5 am to eat breakfast with daddy.  Not a huge deal because when daddy left for work he'd come back to bed with me and sleep until 9 so we were still all getting our sleep.

But now he wants to get up at 5 am and stay up!  And to make matters worse the VERY first thing he does when hubby leaves at 6 am is wake up his baby sister (1 month old).  And to make matters worse she is a VERY sensitive sleeper and all day long she naps 5 minutes tops before he makes noise or intentionally wakes her up!  So from 6 am to 8 pm she is awake pretty much the entire time crying and wanting to be held because she is so tired as well.  She won't nap in my bedroom at all, only in the living room so putting her in the other room is not an option either!

On top of that I have sleeping issues.  I go to bed at 10 and finally fall asleep at 1.  If I go to bed earlier I fall asleep at 3 or 4 so that won't help.  If I go to bed later I fall asleep at 3 or 4.  It has to be 10 or I'm in huge trouble.  So I finally fall asleep at 1 and then my daughter wakes up at 2:30 wanting to nurse.  I'm awake from 2:30-3 nursing her so I'm getting a total of 4 1/2 hours of sleep a night.

And my son is exhausted too so he's crabby, demanding, and violent all day long.  He won't nap.  I made him lay in his bed for 2 hours the other day and he did not nap.  Like me going to bed earlier just makes him stay up later so I have no clue what to do!

I am so tired I can't even see straight to read this. My head is throbbing.  I can't think straight.  On the weekends my son still sleeps until 9 or sometimes even 10 because he is so tired but he keeps getting up so early during the week and I just can't take it anymore!!!

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

do not allow him to get up at five am. tell him to go back to bed and do not feed him breakfast until a normal hour. if you encourage him then he will accomplish this. have daddy tell him to stay in bed. you are the mama you are in charge you make the rules. good luck.

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM

So now I have to get up at 5 am so I can keep him in bed?  He's not the type to give in easily so it would be at least a month before he starts sleeping beyond 5 am.  Hubby doesn't have the time to do it, he has to get ready for work!  And of course the crying would wake up my daughter and just take another hour's sleep from the two of us!

Quoting littleluvkitty:

do not allow him to get up at five am. tell him to go back to bed and do not feed him breakfast until a normal hour. if you encourage him then he will accomplish this. have daddy tell him to stay in bed. you are the mama you are in charge you make the rules. good luck.

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

AjsMom0508
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Start punishing him when he disturbs the baby.  Time out, taking away privileges etc.  He is plenty old to understand that it is a no no.  My brother used to get up that early and my mom used to make him sit in his room in bed and look at books or play very quietly with his toys until at least 8am.  She also put one of the door knob covers on the inside of his door when he got up at 5am so he couldn't get out until she let him out.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Have Dad sneak out of the house in the morning and eat breakfast out and hopefully your son won't wake up.  You need to get him back on the previous schedule.  Does Dad wake him up at 5:00 or did he just suddenly start waking up that early??

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM

He just started doing this on his own.  We can't afford for him to eat out everyday and DS wakes up at 5 even on days that hubby leaves earlier.

Oh, and he doesn't have a door

Quoting Sassy762:

Have Dad sneak out of the house in the morning and eat breakfast out and hopefully your son won't wake up.  You need to get him back on the previous schedule.  Does Dad wake him up at 5:00 or did he just suddenly start waking up that early??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)