Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone tried this or heard about it?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have been going to the gym for three weeks now and I am not losing any weight!  I started at 178 and went up to 184!  (in a week) I am now back to 178.  I went to GNC today since my class (HABIT (m) was canceled.  (I would have worked out on my own but I had my niece with me and children are not allowed in the exercise equipment room.  So I went to GNC and  the lady asked me what I was trying to do.  I told her.  (trying to lose 10 to 20 pounds to go back active I only need to lose 6) she said the GNC total lean has worked for quite a few people, it is 7 days, you take these vitamins, two shakes a day (replaces bf and lunch) and you eat a small dinner.  also it came with 7 cleanse things you drink (once a day) she said people lose between 5 to 10 pounds on this in 7 days!  I also bought the Women Omega multivitiman pack (30 days worth)  I go to the gym three days a week.  Do you think this will work?  Has anyone heard of this?  I have never taken a multivitamin, what will they do?  

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I wouldnt do drink diets, you need to learn to eat properly. Once you go off that type of diet the weight comes right back.

FAST weightloss if rarely longterm. You need slow and steady to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

lovingwifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Oh I eat very healthy.  No soda, lots of veggies, ect.  

Quoting SuperPickle:

I wouldnt do drink diets, you need to learn to eat properly. Once you go off that type of diet the weight comes right back.

FAST weightloss if rarely longterm. You need slow and steady to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I think quick diets like that just mean quick regain after the 7 days is done... I don't buy it. To really lose weight, keep exercising, watch your portions (many people eat wayyyy to much) and understand that as you replace fat with muscle muscle weighs more than fat, so to look at jus the number on the scale doesn't mean much. Take body measurements, feel your muscles tone and shape of your body change. Watch how your endurance changes in that you can excercise longer and with higher intensity. That means so much more than the number on the scale.

Also try to find an activity you actually like to do. I die of boredom on gym machines, yet i can skate for an hour and a half and enjoy every minute of it! I even joined an inline speedskating team and set of goal for doing a half or full marathon. I LOVE to skate now!! My cholesterol level dropped from 245, which it had been for over 20 yrs, down to 193 in one season. And I did complete a marathon (look at the map- Two Rivers MN to Duulth MN) in under 2 hrs.

And now my kids skate too. It is a family activity we do together at the rink.

lovingwifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I guess that is true.  I have been going to this habit class, and the first time I was ready to pass out!  But Monday It hardly bothered me!  I mean yeah I was sweating like crazy and out of breath but my muscles were not that sore!  I will try this diet to get rid of water weight though.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

I think quick diets like that just mean quick regain after the 7 days is done... I don't buy it. To really lose weight, keep exercising, watch your portions (many people eat wayyyy to much) and understand that as you replace fat with muscle muscle weighs more than fat, so to look at jus the number on the scale doesn't mean much. Take body measurements, feel your muscles tone and shape of your body change. Watch how your endurance changes in that you can excercise longer and with higher intensity. That means so much more than the number on the scale.

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting lovingwifey:

I will try this diet to get rid of water weight though.

I never understand this logic.... when you drink water, which you are supposed to drink a lot of every day anyway, your body replenishes the water your body is lacking. If your cells are dehydrated, they will absorb the water again.

I saw a guy once fully clothes exercising in the sauna at the health club. That just isn't healthy.  

lovingwifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Oh I carry a lot of water weight, lol.  I have kidney disease (I made sure this stuff is safe) I tend to swell quite a bit throughout the day.  

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting lovingwifey:

I never understand this logic.... when you drink water, which you are supposed to drink a lot of every day anyway, your body replenishes the water your body is lacking. If your cells are dehydrated, they will absorb the water again.

I saw a guy once fully clothes exercising in the sauna at the health club. That just isn't healthy.  

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Seriously, reduce your portion size, eat 6 smaller meals a day making sure to keep calorie count low (make good choices), eat protein and less carbs and fiber rich foods which make you feel fuller and want to eat less, and keep exercising. And set a goal of a pound a week. If you are overweight your weight should slowly come off as you modify your eating habits to more healthy lifestyle.

mom22tumblebugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Since you have kidney disease, what about consulting a nutitioinist on the best course of action. You don't want to damage your organs further...

Quoting lovingwifey:

Oh I carry a lot of water weight, lol.  I have kidney disease (I made sure this stuff is safe) I tend to swell quite a bit throughout the day.  

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting lovingwifey:

lovingwifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Oh i am not really over weight, I am 5 foot 8 (I have three kids, 3, 2, and 2)  I called my doc when I got home to make sure it was ok.  

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Since you have kidney disease, what about consulting a nutitioinist on the best course of action. You don't want to damage your organs further...

Quoting lovingwifey:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting lovingwifey:

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I changed my diet completely.I am losing weight really slow(like 5 pounds a month)but it is coming off and since I have learned to eat properly,it won't come back hopefully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)