Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just venting...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

My dd and I have not been talking for about 2 - 3 months. She is 24 yrs old and said some very mean and hurtful things to me the last time we talked. She lives in FL and I live in VT. She sent me an e-mail last week and said she was coming home for a visit. She wanted us to work things out and felt that we needed to do that in person rather in over the phone. I agree. However, I'm still very nervous. She has a hot temper and tends to use a particular "tone" that pisses me off. I am sooooo hoping that we can get past this. She is the one and only daughter I'm ever going to have and I didn't picture this as our relationship. My dh is picking her up tonight so I won't see her until tomorrow morning. Wish me luck please, I think I'm going to need it. Thanks for listening.

CookieQueen67puppy

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
misunderstood1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I had a falling out with both of my parents when I was 24, we didnt talk for almost a year. Just be there to listen to her and support her. they have done just that and its meant the world. Sometimes people just need some time away to realize what they have. best of luck!

easinpc
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

-xoxo-
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Good luck!! 

Radarma
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Hoping it goes well for you both.

burch731
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Good Luck ~ I feel your pain.  I haven't talked to my oldest daughter since December & even then it was strained at best. 

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Best Wishes! I hope you 2 get things resolved.

I think its harder being a parent to 'grown kids' than it is to little ones! (my 2 are 23 and 24)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)