• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will never use Kroger pharmacy again-UPDATE..Grrr!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
  • 39 Replies

Our Kroger was advertising that if u transferred your prescription from a competitors pharmacy to theirs you get a free $25 gift card for Kroger. So I called and asked more about it, and I asked if u still got it if your insurance pays for the prescription. They said yes.

So today I decided to transfer DS's prescription to them and get my free gift card. When I dropped it off I asked, AGAIN, if I'd still get the gift card if my insurance pays for it. She said yes.

So then I wait about an hour, go back and pick it up. When I asked about the gift card the lady (which was a different person then the one I dropped it off with) said that only people who pay cash for their scripts are eligible for the gift card.

I am so pissed over this. Two different people lied to me. I only transferred it because I wanted the gift card, which is money my family can really use right now.  I was getting it from Rite Aid which is a LOT closer to my house, then when Kroger advertised that program I switched even though Kroger is farther away. I feel like they suckered me into transferring to them.

I'm going to write an e-mail to the store complaining about this.

Would u be pissed if it happened to u?

So I e-mailed Kroger the day this happened and told them what all happened. I recieved a phone call today from the store manager, Chuck. He told me it is illegal to give a gift card if you use insurance to pay for thing. I understand this and told him so. My thing was, TWO DIFFERENT people told me otherwise. I explained this to him and told him that I felt suckered into switching because two different people told me I could still get the gift card if my insurance paid for the prescription. Chuck sounded like a total fucking asshole and like he could care less. He said "I wish there was something I could do, but if I gave u a gift card for transferring your prescription I'd be fined"  Well whatever dude, you wouldn't have to give it to me for transferring, you could just give it to me for having a bad experience.

This would be one thing if it was an isolated incident but this was the second time in the past 2 months I've had a bad experience there. The first time after shopping I decided to buy a lottery ticket. The prices were displayed on the machine so I didn't think anything of it and put my money in. Well it wouldn't give me a ticket so I told the customer service rep about it. Her response?  "Oh, those machines are out of order"  There was no "Out of order" sign on the machine and she said it like she knew but didn't care. I understand that they can't refund my money because Lotto and Kroger are 2 different things but her attitude totally sucked. I talked to the same  store manager about that incident because her attitude was shitty and he apologized but still sounded like he didn't care.

I'm thinking of actually calling corporate instead of e-mailing now. This Chuck dude acts like he doesn't give a fuck that I've had 2 bad experiences in the past 2 months. Maybe he needs to be re-trained or something.

Would u call corporate if it was you?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM

yes, I would.

Cookie-kisses
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM

If you have state aid they will not give you a gift card. 

robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

yeah if I was told by a couple people that I would get the gift card and then I was told I wouldnt..have you talked to the manager about it? I would talk to the manager and tell them that this is what you were told by so and so ( who ever told you you would get the gift card) and maybe they will give ou the gift card

aoaks2009
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Sure would. I'd call & complain.  Tell the manager that either they are liars and offer false advertising, or its poor management that his employees are not all properly trained on the new program.

activitymode
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I would have demanded the store manager and the lady you talked to first.  Had then both there and then said so now what are you going to do about it.

JADIEBUG

This. It generally says in fine print that members of government programs and etc. do not qualify. Did you just use the word "insurance" or did you use the term "medicaid"? People with private insurance who have a co-pay do qualify for these type of promotions.

Quoting Cookie-kisses:

If you have state aid they will not give you a gift card. 

TinaN64

At least Kroger gives me what is prescribed.  Once my dd's allergist prescribed Proventil and the pharmacist tried to give me Pro-Air.  I refused.  Two different brands and my daughter has issues with the accelerant in Pro-Air, it's not effective for her.  The pharmacist and I ended up screaming at each other.  He actually said..."I just LOVE when ignorant parents come in and try to tell me what is best for their kids!"  And I screamed back, "And I just LOVE when stupid fuckers who know NOTHING about MY kid'd medical history or what meds she has taken tell me that I am the stupid one!"

She had taken pro-air, albuterol and half a dozen other meds.  Proventil WORKED, better than anything else.  And THIS stupid fucker was telling me I didn't know that.

So, no one but Kroger for scrips for me.  I never choose my drugstore by prizes being given away.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM

If the first two people you talked to didn't know you were talking about medicaid then they did nothing wrong.  You won't qualify for things like that on state insurance.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I did not specifically say  "Medicaid" but that is not what my son has anyways. He has a private insurance through his dad, and I have medicaid for myself. This was my son's prescription.

Either way, they told me that u don't get it UNLESS u pay CASH. They said no matter what insurance u have it doesn't count if insurance pays for it.

I wrote an e-mail to corporate just now and explained everything, and told them how I feel like I was suckered into switching by false advertising.

SarahFire82
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Oh yeah I would be pissed. Personally I love our Kroger pharmacy though, the pharmacist was the most helpful and nice of all the places I have been to. Kroger is usually pretty good so I would contact customer service. Maybe if you complain enough they will give you the giftcard anyways! lol Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)