Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make a decision for me cafemom!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

Since it has been getting up into the 90's here I would like to get a pool. My daughter who is three loves to swim. Should I get a pool we can all get in where she cant touch the ground to play or a small one her size where she can touch the ground but cannot really swim? I just don't want to get a big one and her not be able to really enjoy it because she will have to hold on to the side or the ladder to play.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Get the big one and get in and play with her-hold her.  Make sure to NEVER leave her alone to play in the water!

soakley
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
I got one that was in between. Bigger than a baby pool but not so big that the kids could not stand up in it.. It is called a lagoon pool. It's totally cute :) and I can sit in it if I need to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H_H_M
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I have an in-ground pool and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you never leave your child unattended and make sure there is a SECURE fence that she can't climb around it.

You will all love a pool you can get into!

messa01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Thanks I will look at them.

Quoting soakley:

I got one that was in between. Bigger than a baby pool but not so big that the kids could not stand up in it.. It is called a lagoon pool. It's totally cute :) and I can sit in it if I need to

AjsMom0508
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I would get one ya'll could get in but I wouldn't get a real deep one.  Intex makes an easy set pool that is 10 feet across and only 30 inches deep.  They also make one that is 12 feet across and 30 inches deep.  I love these pools because they are easy to set up, have a pump, and can be taken down when the weather gets cooler.

messa01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

She loves my uncles in ground pool. She would talk about wanting to go all the time while it was still too cool. I was thinking of one of those above ground pools from walmart since they are not that expensive.

Quoting H_H_M:

Of course you never leave your child unattended and make sure there is a SECURE fence that she can't climb around it.

H_H_M
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I think this would be a great alternative! And I know you will love it!

Quoting messa01:

She loves my uncles in ground pool. She would talk about wanting to go all the time while it was still too cool. I was thinking of one of those above ground pools from walmart since they are not that expensive.

Quoting H_H_M:

MalibuMommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

This. And maybe think about putting a fence around it so she can't accidentally get to the pool and fall in.

Quoting celestegood:

Get the big one and get in and play with her-hold her.  Make sure to NEVER leave her alone to play in the water!

ASHLEYLoving fiance to Glenn Mommy to Alixzandreah Elizabeth [11.13.2007] and Luke Ryden [06.07.2009] 

messa01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I also think she liked his pool because they had the plastic steps she could sit on to play. She would swim all over that pool though. This is why I am so torn!

Quoting H_H_M:

Quoting messa01:

Quoting H_H_M:

H_H_M
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

well - you said she was three? swimming wears my kids out!  It's awesome!! hehehe

Quoting messa01:

I also think she liked his pool because they had the plastic steps she could sit on to play. She would swim all over that pool though. This is why I am so torn!

Quoting H_H_M:

Quoting messa01:

Quoting H_H_M:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)