Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know cars or had this problem?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

So i just had my ac fixed and i swear my car doesnt want me to have ac! well this is my poblem.

yesterday, when i was driving my car on the high way, i started hearing a howling like noise from my ac. turned it off and when i got home played with it some. its pretty loud and annoying. it does it on heat and ac. it was only doing it on the higher fan settings, but after playing with it... it did it on the lower settings too. the only thing that is coming into my head is possibly the fan motor? but the ac and heat is working fine, just loud annoying noise. any suggestions please? I know im going to have to take it in, but i like to kinda guess what it is, and then call local garages and see how much it would cost and find the cheapest.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mary229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

My guess would be the blower motor as well.

TinaN64
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Yeah.  Sounds like the blower motor, maybe a bearing in it....

LokisMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I was gonna say the blower motor as well.

I had a lady come into AutoZone with a really nasty sound whenever she'd turn on the A/C.  It was blowing cold, but it was just really noisy.  The blower motor was out of balance and needed to be replaced.  They're usually fairly cheap and depending on the car can be easy to replace.

The lady who came to my AutoZone had an older Oldsmobile and I was able to replace it in the parking lot while 7 months pregnant. :D

joni80
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM

How long as it been since you had it fixed? Sometimes you can take it back to where you had it fixed and tell them it's still not working right and they fix it free of charge.

ForeverDream
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Quoting LokisMama:

I had a lady come into AutoZone with a really nasty sound whenever she'd turn on the A/C.  It was blowing cold, but it was just really noisy.  The blower motor was out of balance and needed to be replaced.  They're usually fairly cheap and depending on the car can be easy to replace.

The lady who came to my AutoZone had an older Oldsmobile and I was able to replace it in the parking lot while 7 months pregnant. :D

lol well thats good to know. i have a 99 dodge neon... i dont think it would be that hard on this car either. so hopefully this will be a cheap repair lol. i dont have luck with cars.

LokisMama
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Ok, just did a quick google search.  Apparently, the blower motor on a Neon is behind the glove compartment.  Also, it looks like it comes as a unit with the fan cage which makes it a little more expensive than just the motor itself.

Call AutoZone or Advance.  They can give you a price and probably an exact location in the car.  They're usually very easy though.  Three screws and 1 electrical plug.

Quoting ForeverDream:

Quoting LokisMama:

lol well thats good to know. i have a 99 dodge neon... i dont think it would be that hard on this car either. so hopefully this will be a cheap repair lol. i dont have luck with cars.

LiesLiesLies
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM

If you just had it fixed take it back to the same place...you shouldn't pay anything.

ForeverDream
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM

my problmw with that is i had it fixed in massachusetts at a family tye garage. now i live in myrtle beach SC. lol not much i can do.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

If you just had it fixed take it back to the same place...you shouldn't pay anything.

ForeverDream
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

thats exactly where i looked when i started hearing the noise... the glove compartment lol. like that was going to do anything, but thats where is sounded like it was coming from lol.

Quoting LokisMama:

Ok, just did a quick google search.  Apparently, the blower motor on a Neon is behind the glove compartment.  Also, it looks like it comes as a unit with the fan cage which makes it a little more expensive than just the motor itself.

Call AutoZone or Advance.  They can give you a price and probably an exact location in the car.  They're usually very easy though.  Three screws and 1 electrical plug.

Quoting ForeverDream:

Quoting LokisMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)