Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

my 4 year old son never wants to play outside. i play baseball with him and he gets bored after about 10 mins. then we play soccer. that lasts about 5 mins. chalk, bubbles, his little tikes car.. loses interest really quick. we used to have a swing set but he never played on it. in the summer he will play in the pool but now he just want to be inside with his videogames (vsmile) occasional lego star wars on gamecube. what else can we play outside? i need ideas?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy492006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM

why dont you walk somewhere... we do that and i tought my daughter what litter and graffiti are so she likes to point them out

krazymami028
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

we have done that. lately i have been seeing stray dogs so i am a lil nervous about walking. i have him ride his bike but we have no sidewalks and my running doesnt compare to a bike with 4 year old legs pedaling lol

Quoting mommy492006:

why dont you walk somewhere... we do that and i tought my daughter what litter and graffiti are so she likes to point them out

mommy492006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Quoting krazymami028:

we have done that. lately i have been seeing stray dogs so i am a lil nervous about walking. i have him ride his bike but we have no sidewalks and my running doesnt compare to a bike with 4 year old legs pedaling

okay what about the park? or.... gardening? watering plants... helping take out trash..... um....we go outside to take pictures of birds and stuff she likes that

wedding website
MaeHamMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hide his video games. We fly kites, walk our dogs, and I've been thinking about doing a treasure hunt/walk.

kttycat84
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM

You can try to do a scavenger hunt.  My dd will be 4 in October and she loves those.  I'll make a list (using pictures next to the words) of the things she needs to find...a leaf with a bite/hole from a bug, a brown rock, a specific flower, a worm, pine needles, and so on.  Then I give her the list and a small brown lunch sack and have her go off to find the stuff (never out of my sight, just not holding my hand, ya know?).  She loves hunting for the things.  She likes to do a picture scavenger hunt too, where I give her a little list of things (I read it to her and repeat as needed) of things she can take pictures of.  When she gets her pictures all taken, sometimes we print them out at Walmart or something and then she makes a little scrap book, decorating the pages with leaves and such from outside...and stickers, lol.  She loves hopscotch too, but not the traditional one, we make a snail out of the chalk and segment its.  She just got a scooter that she likes a lot more than her bike.  And we got her one of those bug catching kits.  It comes with a little plastic box/cage, tweezers, a little net, and a magnifying glass.  She really likes to catch bugs, lol.  She also likes to plant pretend gardens (pine needles sticking out of the ground, lol) and sand castles (or mud castles).  Sometimes we'll have a picnic outside or go on a nature walk (she calls those adventures) where she can be the 'guide' and point out any cool plants/bugs she sees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)