• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bare minerals make up...opinions??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am thinking of trying the bare minerals make up but would like some opinions and feedback first.  They have a special right now...

Included in My Kit:

$29.99 Offer Includes:

• 1 bareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation, size Medium
  • 1 Mineral Veil Finishing Powder, size Small
  • 1 Warmth All-Over Face Color, size Small
  • 1 Flawless Application Face Brush
  • 3 Bonus Gifts:
    - 1 bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara
    - 1 Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
    - 1 How-to DVD to show you how to Swirl, Tap, Buff your way back to the skin you were born with
  • bareMinerals Club Membership

The only thing I'm concerned about is the membership part.  It's $40 per installment.  I need to find out but I think it's every other month.  My skin is really splotchy/red sometimes from hormonal acne and it's very dry too.  I want something to help with that. :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I used to use bare minerals. I love it! I just don't have the money for it anymore, but its a great product.

ABX
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

my mom and siser both have bare minerals and love them. they said its a great product but is pricy

mykidsrock234
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

BUMP!

Brandy0401
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I LOOOOVE my Bare Minerals, but the club part bothered me too, because I don't wear makeup to work (I sweat it off) so there was no way I could ever use that much that often.  However, there are several stores that sell it now.  I get mine in a store at the mall and it's around the same price as the site. 

I'm telling you though, its the best makeup EVER IMO.  However, I would invest in the Prime Time primer too.  It makes you need half as much :)

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I started using it because my mom gave me some to try.  I love it and I have been using it for about 2 years now. 

Cavalrybaby02
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I love mine! 

PookaboosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Love the stuff...I no longer get breakouts since using it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Go to Ulta.com or to Amazon.com if you chose to buy it, then you dont have to do the monthly club thing, and if you dont like it, then you arent trying to cancel before next payment and stuff.

I, personally, hated it. I didnt get the coverage I wanted at all when I was needing it. And then it made my face SOOOOOOOO itchy and sore! 

areid1023

i absolutely love it. im kind of confused about what membership you're talking about, but 30 dollars for all that stuff is awesome. its perfect for uneven skin tone. once its on, the difference is incredible! it is expensive tho, but if you got the money its worth it, IMO. :).

mysteriousmom06

Its not going to be the same package that they are offering but you can go to a sephora store or to sephora.com & order bare minerals. That way you can try it but not have to sign up for the membership.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)