Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it OK for a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old to play together?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 36 Replies

My neighbor's son was bored so he came to play with Owen. Neighbor kid will be 5 and a week later Owen will be 2. Is that too big of an age gap to let them play together?

They are actually having a lot of fun together right now. He has a sister that is a month younger than Owen so he knows how to deal with him really good and he knows he can hurt him so he's careful.

Good or bad?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymaddiegrl2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

no I think thatshould be fine. My daughter would play with neighbor he was 4 she was 10. Kids are just kids.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

sounds good to me.

my_lovely
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

As long as they are both happy, playing nicely and getting along, I don't see how there would be a problem

MaMa2Azriel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM

If your son is having fun why would you question it?  Me and my cousins ranged in age from 14-2 and we all played together everyday during the summer.  Who would have a problem w/this?

janessa27
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I would say yes- my son is a week shy of 5 and his little brother is 17 months old. They get along great. On the other hand- we have some friends that have younger kids and he plays good with them too. As long as they get along and play well- it shouldn't matter:)

Photobucket
TawnyR
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Why would it be bad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilmommy2007

I dont see why not, as long as your right there watching them. My daughter goes to daycare and she loves the older kids, so my friend has kids that are 2 years older than her and she plays with them.

I am a 23 yr old, single mom,to a beautiful little girl mackenzie. I am a co-sleeping, anti-cio, formula feeding, disposible diapering, spanking/time outs when needed, pitbull/bully breed loving, college student, don't give a crap what you think of me type of mom

Jadegirl1819

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

LiesLiesLies

Nope. My daughter is 2...her best friend is 6.

x_sabine_x

My son loves playing with older kids! He's almost 3 and he has a friend who is about 7. The other boy is super entertained by my son and shows him how to use all his toys and talks with him, it's so cute!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)