Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reaction to her diapers?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 19 Replies

DD has had a diaper rash for about a week now.  I have been using diaper rash cream on it every time I change her and it wasn't getting better.  I tried putting her in a different kind of diapers to see if that was it but it's still not going away.  Has anyone's LO had a reaction to their diapers, and if so did it go right away after changing kinds of diapers?  Or do I need to take her to get a better kind of cream from her doctor?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momathome4k
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM

What brand of diapers is it?  I have been hearing things like that about Pampers...

pookie_1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I had her in Target brand ones at first (has been using them for around 8 months or so) and now she is in Luvs.

ReachtotheStars

You could get a better cream, or try a different type of diapers.  I know luvs my son is allergic to.  I think it is the lotion in it. 

However the best suggestion is cloth with an allergy like that.  It really isn't good to build up your infants tolerance to creams this young especially if they have sensitive skin.  You may want it to work later on for a rash or something. 

Another thing our ped had us do that has worked wonders is buy the pink bottle of baby powder called caldesone.  It has the medicie that creams have in it without the extra moisture. 

luv2wahm

My oldest DD had problems with Pampers, Huggies and Luvs..we ended up using White Cloud brand from Walmart.

Crystallynn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

my nephew could not ever wear pampers- it takes a couple of days for the rash to clear up even after switching diaper brands.  What kind of rash ointment are you using?  I personally like Triple Paste and Butt Paste... I used Triple paste the whole time my kids were in diapers and any rash they ever had was cleared up within a day or two.

AjsMom0508
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I love the Target brand diapers.  Luvs are terrible for my son and make him break out REALLY bad.  I would try going to the doctor and asking for something called Triple paste.  It is a mixture of Zinc, Nystatin, and Hydrocortisone.  It is WONDERFUL.  It greatly improves my son's rashes in just one application.

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

use corn starch, straight from the grocery section, it works I swear by it, usually within 24 hours it will be gone, if not you can message me and cuss me out! lol

if the rash is bad, but the diaper cream on first then corn starch over it every time you change her diaper:)

jdscirto
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Are they Pampers Dry Max diapers?????? If so, it's definitely the diapers!!!

pookie_1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I have been using A&D ointment.

Quoting Crystallynn:

my nephew could not ever wear pampers- it takes a couple of days for the rash to clear up even after switching diaper brands.  What kind of rash ointment are you using?  I personally like Triple Paste and Butt Paste... I used Triple paste the whole time my kids were in diapers and any rash they ever had was cleared up within a day or two.

pookie_1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Just sprinkle it on like baby powder or what?

Quoting _mimimosley_:

use corn starch, straight from the grocery section, it works I swear by it, usually within 24 hours it will be gone, if not you can message me and cuss me out! lol

if the rash is bad, but the diaper cream on first then corn starch over it every time you change her diaper:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)