Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stunned..Nickys Autisum and SPD results...But there is always hope!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am devastated...The Occupational Therapist just spent 3 days with my 81/2 year old....doing tests and observation..His results were lower than any one thought they would be...They did all the usual...Audio...visual..integration...comprehension ...tactile....you name it...The standard score is 80..Nicky was between 22 and 48...

His functioning Age over all was 4 years and 8 months...They want me to get disability for him...so that will pay for more therapy..I don't even know how...I am shocked...He has made such progress this year....But dispite my tears..there is HOPE...the OT said he is TRYING...he is really really trying to make sense of all the input and as long as he does that he will make progress...how much..? We don't know...but he is an awesome little boy...Full of Universal Love and Light and he is my Star Child..

Thanks you ladies for reading such a long post....love and light to your children too!!!!

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM
I'm sorry, but Ihope things get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2b08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM
Keep the faith, keep encouraging that little man and with hard work on both of your parts...you will see progress! And even if you dont...Hes a great boy with a great mom from the sound of it so everything will be okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

i am sorry.  but things will get better, my ds is the same.  your 8 1/2 year old will get better in time.  

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Go little man, you make that progress!! Remember, he is who he is, no matter what "label" or "disorder" he has. Dont be discouraged, there is always hope and lots of LOVE! Whose "NORMAL" anymore anyways?! 

SThompson21
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

my son just got tested in jan. and i was also surprised with the results. at 3 years old, he is falling in the categories of a 15 month old. we enrolled him in a special needs preschool so he could get more therapy. good luck on everything  (:

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

its really good that he is trying. that says a lot. good for him and don't ever give up hope. God bless.

PrdMilWife
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Ok. Take a deep breath. Stop panicking.... It may not be as bad as the test results say. They sent me the result of my sons STAR test, and it said he knows nothing. I can tell you right now that is not true. Testing is not really indicative of all their knowledge. My son likes to play me. He has moderate Autism, and he loves to milk it some days. Sometimes the zero tolerance for BS works for kids. My son has his lazy days just like everyone else. You just have to keep on encourageing,pushing,showing, teaching, .....structure your days and move forward. It will come, and your son will bloom in his own time.  Never give up....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)