• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all you Georgia mama's

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

We are moving there at the end of July.  Hubby will lose his job at in the middle of July.  So we have decided to move there.  Just to get away and have a better life.  Need to know how it is there down there, if it is nice and how the weather is during winter.  What are some of the sites I can take the kids to?  All the usual questions apply!  We will be moving to Savannah.  

Thanks for all the imput!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM

BUMP!

southernjess3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:08 PM

we had the coldest winter in 20 years this past year. Usually i can wear shorts on christmas but not last christmas:( ......hot and humid summers..extreme fog some mornings. pretty laid back, pretty falls:) 

r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Quoting southernjess3:

we had the coldest winter in 20 years this past year. Usually i can wear shorts on christmas but not last christmas:( ......hot and humid summers..extreme fog some mornings. pretty laid back, pretty falls:) 

k thanks.  sounds alot better than where we are now.  

ajtherad
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Ahh, Savannah..I miss it. Tybee Island is GORGEOUS. They also have a Water Festival there during the summer, what a BLAST!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajtherad
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Oh, it gets cold as hell in the winter..and the summer humidity/heat is so bad the air is CHEWY. I'm not exaggerating! lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Quoting ajtherad:

Ahh, Savannah..I miss it. Tybee Island is GORGEOUS. They also have a Water Festival there during the summer, what a BLAST!

sounds like so much fun!

r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Quoting ajtherad:

Oh, it gets cold as hell in the winter..and the summer humidity/heat is so bad the air is CHEWY. I'm not exaggerating! lol.

my dh says that it is like that in Louisiana.  i am prepared for that.  lots of leave in conditioner, and shorts.  lol

amanda357
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Aww never been to Georgia but I am thinking of relocating to South Carolina.  Does your husband already have a job lined up?  I only ask because I cant seem to get a job in another state since I'm not living there.  I have been trying:(  

Congrats on the move!  Savannah is by the ocean, isn't it?

r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Quoting amanda357:

Aww never been to Georgia but I am thinking of relocating to South Carolina.  Does your husband already have a job lined up?  I only ask because I cant seem to get a job in another state since I'm not living there.  I have been trying:(  

Congrats on the move!  Savannah is by the ocean, isn't it?

no he doesn't have a job there, but he was told when he applied on line that if he moved there, he would get the job.  Savannah is by the ocean.  we have a home lined up to move into, so now it is just waiting for his job he has now to lay him off in July.  there is talk that it might be earlier than that, due to the business closing its doors.

Shaye_e
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Quoting ajtherad:

Agreed! Savannah and Tybee Island are beautiful! We live in Augusta, so we're a few hours north of there, but we go on vacation to Tybee at least a few times a year. We had a cold winter this year. We actually had about 6 inches of snow on the ground, but it lasted less than 2 days. We're originally from MI, so we weren't shocked by it, but everyone else was. :) Normally, I can get away with wearing jeans and a sweatshirt in the winter. I also wear sandals year-round. Summers suck though. The humidity is absolutely horrible, especially during July and August. It gets so bad that it rains almost every afternoon, and you can't breathe when you go outside because its like a sauna, so your A/C bill will be sky-high. I definitely think its a fair trade though. Where we're from in MI, it snows from October - April, so heating bills are horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)