Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this bad/wrong?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

My dd is 14 months. She usually takes a nap at daycare from 11:45 for about two hours, so on days when she's home with me, I try to keep her on the same schedule. I laid her down in her crib @ 11:50, and she slept for an hour. I heard her awake up there playing with her stuffed animal and I went to get her out of the crib. As soon as I picked her up she started screaming, so I put her back in the crib and she calmed down. She kept saying "night night". So I left her room and shut the door, like I do when she's going to go to sleep. Well, she's been up there for 30 minutes and she's STILL awake. I keep going in there, and she looks at me and says "night night" and waves bye to me like she wants me to leave LOL

My question is.. is it bad to leave her in there for this long awake? She's clearly telling me she wants to be in her crib right now, but I feel like I should get her out? Idk. I know that I personally need alone time every now and then, do you think she just needs alone time? Please let me know what you think I should do, thanks.

PS: To any of the mammas that like to pick apart any post and find something they can be dramatic about. She's fed, her diaper is dry and she's perfectly content. So don't go there.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mereinhart28
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I would say to just leave her there. Like you said she is content playing with her stuffed animals. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy some quiet time:)

momof2angels491
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Amen to that one!!

Quoting mereinhart28:

I would say to just leave her there. Like you said she is content playing with her stuffed animals. Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy some quiet time:)

kiernansmom08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Agreed, sometimes my dd just wants that mellow quiet time in her crib, if she's not crying, let her go.

Quoting mereinhart28:

.thickie.thick.
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Harmoni loves playing in her room alone & loved playing in the crib. I say no prob..keep checking on her,make sure there's nothing bad she can reach. Harmonis room is so kid safe she can play all day alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessasmamma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Yeah, there's nothing she can get into. I made sure it's all kid-proofed, probably to an OCD sense lol

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

Harmoni loves playing in her room alone & loved playing in the crib. I say no prob..keep checking on her,make sure there's nothing bad she can reach. Harmonis room is so kid safe she can play all day alone.

TinaN64
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Quoting mereinhart28:

Ditto

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.  Enjoy the time alone that you now have!

AjsMom0508
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM

There is nothing wrong with that at all.  When my son (he's 2) is having a rough day I put him in his crib for some alone/quiet time.  He actually enjoys it.  When he's tired of it he will start chanting "mom" at the top of his lungs.  Everyone needs time to themselves even small children.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Not at all wrong. My oldest was just a very independent child (still is at age 7) and she liked her alone time. Now she is very imaginative and can make up her own fun on the fly even in the most boring of places.

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM

If she doesn't want out I don't see the harm in forcing her to get out. Enjoy your time alone! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)