Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

double chromosomes?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

my son has double chromosomes we just found this out. they think it may be whats causing his problems. me and his father have to get tested and i have to start seeing a genetic counseler and high risk obs because i am pregnant and they think she could have it to. my question is has anyone ever delt with this problem b4? his specific extra chromosome is 2p112 which deals with development and is the second largest developmental chromosome in your genome. if you have delt with this what was done did he/she have any tests done? how is he/she doing now?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephanAndCoral
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM

BUMP!

GODSDIVA79
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM

BUMP!

periwinkle163
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM

BUMP!

GODSDIVA79
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM
what are your sons symptoms?
workinghorse
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I'm sorry momma,  I have not heard of this before.  But a quick web search turned up this website:  http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/chromosome_2p_duplication_syndrome/intro.htm  It seems to have some good clear information, and links to more detailed info.

Good Luck!

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

BUMP!

AidenJaice12708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

thnx i'll check it out!

Quoting workinghorse:

I'm sorry momma,  I have not heard of this before.  But a quick web search turned up this website:  http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/chromosome_2p_duplication_syndrome/intro.htm  It seems to have some good clear information, and links to more detailed info.

Good Luck!

bubbles041
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM

bump

AidenJaice12708
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:43 PM

he is right on the borderline for atuism spectrum disorder. he has trouble talking concentrating he does not do good in settings with alot of people especially young children. they haven't givin me a full diagnosis because he doesn't fit into either catergory so when we go back in february to the developmental center if he is not getting better they are gonna label him as pdd-nos.

Quoting GODSDIVA79:

what are your sons symptoms?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)