Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a day!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 1 Replies

Yesterday dh and I decided to go look at new cars since we are running out of space in our 2003 Ford Explorer. I love that car to pieces and did not want to get rid of it but with two car seats the car was full.

Well we woke up around 7am and left for 9am to go look for different cars. We stopped at one place and they gave us a trade in price of 5,500 which was great.

We then left that place and headed to another dealership about 30 minutes away because I saw a car on the Internet that I wanted to look at.

It was about 1030am and just as we were turning into the dealership our ford starts making a horrible noise. Banging and screeching.....would not turn go forward or into reverse.

We got the mechanic from the dealership and what do you know.....our transmission went out and was ruined...to replace a transmission it would be between 3,000-4,000! We still had 4,000 to pay on the car loan

I am thinking there goes us getting a new car....no one wants to buy a car with no transmission and our trade amount would have dropped down to about 1,000.

We decided to look at the car still and the dealer said he would buy our ford...knowing the transmission was gone for 5,000 dollars. That gave us the 4,000 to pay off the loan and another 1,000 to put on a new car....

After being at the dealership from 1030am-4pm with two cranky kids....this is what I have

Its a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica.

By the time we got home yesterday we were all beat...dh was suppose to be at work at noon but did not get there until 5.

Just wanted to share my crazy day with everyone and show off my new car

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)