• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have NO grandparents for their children or family?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

My situation is very strange. I am posting this because I am finding myself very angry and alone at times. I really would like to meet someone who has the same problem/issues as me since mine are so different it seems I have no one to talk to.

My dad died when I was eleven from diabetes and my mom past away from cancer last June :( So I am now orphaned at 24 and not because they didn't want me but god wanted them :( I have a 2 year old little girl who my mother did EVERYTHING in the world for for her first year and I have a 6 month old little boy named after both my mom and my dad. I have a grandmother on my mothers side who is an evil bitch :( and I have a half brother from my mom who is 9 years older then me and we barely speak maybe every other month or so. Even when we lived in the same state and while my mom was sick we didn't get along very well, he is just immature and parties way too much for my liking. My grandparents from my dads side passed before I was born and my moms dad died from cancer in 2006. My dad was an only child so there is no family on that side. And my mom had a brother who got out of sexual charges so I barely speak to him. I have several great aunts and cousins but none of them ever call me. I have put myself out there for contact but everyone is just too wrapped up to care they didn't even come to my mothers funeral. 

My husbands family has never even met either one of the kids. This is his mom, stepmom, dad and so on. They never even receive cards or gifts. My husband talks to his father but his father is broke so thats the reason for it all. But I know his father and stepmom have done things for his stepmoms children and even gone to disney world with them as well. 

My biggest thing is the kids and well us too. I just get so angry hearing about all these grandparents. So and so is going here and so and so is getting this. And it seems 50% of the time its the grandparents doing it for them. We are young and my husband makes just enough while working overtime for me to stay home with the kids. This is without any extras at all. We have nothing more then rent, food and internet for my husbands school. We have no car loans and we go no where. We don't even have enough money to get a babysitter once a month and go out. But that wouldnt matter if we had family. I just get so depressed knowing our life would be so much better and the kids would have so many more options if we had family. Something we can't even change. I want to take my daughter to disneyworld so badly and I just know it wont happen. And here I am looking at facebook while all my friends post about how they are going wherever with there parents and their kids. I personally know three people who had there disneyworld trip paid for since they went with their parents. And then I know personally 6 others that were kid free for at least a week so they could have adult time. God I would give anything for one night. Not including kids getting gifts and even just nice clothes from family. I know whine whine whine life is not fair. But it just hurts so much to know I can take everything away from us and still not be able to give the kids what other kids get. I can never give them grandparents money can't buy that :( And then on top of it we can't even get state aid which in the long run isnt that big of a deal because we can budget back again and hopefully his overtime can always stay and we can make it. But I just think about how all these people that have it how many of them get clothes from friends or family how many of them have birthday parties so they don't need to even buy them toys and how many of them go to their parents house to eat dinner if they don't have enough food or how many of them do their parents take them out to eat at least once a month or how many of them don't need to even pay a babysitter since family will do it and so on.. I just feel like we have such the shit end of stuff and I know we can't be the only ones but I am surrounded by everyone who gets help in some way or another. We don't, we don't get anything not even a simple card with a $10 bill. And since we have been job searching we have moved three times in the last year so my daughter has not had a real party to even get gifts and I didn't even get a baby shower. Which means we had to buy everything and do it all not a single thing from anyone. I just want so many little things for the kids and I know right now it isnt an option. I just wish my MOM was here :(

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ECMOM970
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM
I am not in your situation but I have to say..sweetheart you are an awesome mommy :) So you can't give them designer clothes or fantastic vacations but those things to not make the world a better place! Your children will grow up knowing what it is like to have "real" love and not just love from all the material things life can give them! I have my parents involved as well as a lot of family and that is something that is amazing and I am heart broken for you and not having this for you and your kids but remember that they have "real" love from you and your hubby and no designer clothes or fancy trip can give your kids what you give them every single day! I do not get to give my chidlren all of this and they are better off without it! Hugs to you!
lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM

My situation is different  my mom is a piece of crap drug addict ALL my family lives in california or colorado besides my crappy mom. All i have is my hubbys family, which is fine, but I get lonely too.

model4u
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Thank you so much. Sometimes its just so hard knowing how different things could be. You know how you just want the best for your kids :(

Quoting ECMOM970:

I am not in your situation but I have to say..sweetheart you are an awesome mommy :) So you can't give them designer clothes or fantastic vacations but those things to not make the world a better place! Your children will grow up knowing what it is like to have "real" love and not just love from all the material things life can give them! I have my parents involved as well as a lot of family and that is something that is amazing and I am heart broken for you and not having this for you and your kids but remember that they have "real" love from you and your hubby and no designer clothes or fancy trip can give your kids what you give them every single day! I do not get to give my chidlren all of this and they are better off without it! Hugs to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)