• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So according to my family and most strangers. . .vent

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
  • 46 Replies

Since I have a boy and I'm having a girl I should be done having kids. . .And according to my family I should get "fixed"! I didn't realize that there was a rule that you could only have one kid of each gender. . .They look at me like I'm crazy when I say I want atleast 3 kids. I mean come on people I'm only 21 don't you think that's a little young to be getting "fixed" if you want more kids!?!?!?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
platt2mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM

absolutely!!! i have one of each and i am certainly not done, i am 23!!

PookaboosMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM

also, what if something happened to your s/o...you got remarried and wanted another child...21 is definately way to young...I don't want anymore kids either, but at 19 I just couldn't justify getting fixed

CarterMommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

well i've got 3 boys and probably having another... guess i have to keep going until i get a girl???? lol

BabyFetus Ticker

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Oh yeah I get that too. I am only 25 and DH is 37, but apparently we shouldnt have any more kids.

Athenas_mom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

My father said the same thing to me after I had my son. I told him to eff off and let me live my life the way i want to live it.

misunderstood1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM

dont let anyone tell you how many kids YOU feel you should have. it is your business and yours alone. 

snipy284
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I dont know where you live but in MD they will not "fix" you unless you are 27.  I have two boys and I dont want anymore but they wont touch me.  When I turn 26 I can write a letter requesting it be done but he can deny it.  I am only 24 and my youngest is 22 months old but I am definitely done but they say I am too young. 

cowboygal
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

My dh got fixed at 21. We were done. Not because we had one of each because we knew we could not afford to have more. We were living with my parents and on PA.

hmsfroggy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

That's ridiculous. No one should be able to tell you or anyone how many kids you should have that is your decision.

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

If you can afford them and aren't on PA I don't see why it's any of anyone else's business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)