Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am craving a cigarette

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

and I have never once had one in my life... no one in my house smokes, My mother did while I was growing up but that was it. Now however, everyone in every single apartment around us smokes, and the smoke is seeping through the outlets, cabinets, and fireplace... and damn it, I am not ok with this. We are moving asap... this next month or beginning of july, but I am actually craving a cigarette. I get very anxious and cranky and need one. and even worse, I'm severely allergic to it. I am on two inhalers for living by this crap... and a steroid medicine.

Do you believe this could happen or not? because I'm here to tell you it does. and I can't even imagine what my kids feel like... and how it is affecting their health. Don't think that just because you smoke, or you smoke outside- I can't open my windows or my doors- that your smoking doesn't affect other people. I hate this.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MeandB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM

and I'm not trying to bash smokers, I'm just pissed about this and can't believe it.

BabyLillyAnn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

BUMP!

MeandB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I just never thought I would crave something I have never had... anyone else ever go through anything like this?

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Lick a dirty ashtray!That'll cure ya.

MeandB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I'm sure it would... yuck... but I breathe it in 24/7 in my apartment in small doses.... sometimes its high doses but mostly it's just always there... and I don't live in a crappy apartment complex, I would expect it there.

Quoting laranadtony:

Lick a dirty ashtray!That'll cure ya.

kat247
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Thank you so much..seriously it has been a whole day since someone let me know how big of an ass I am for smoking...I almost forgot.

No but really I do smoke and being around people smoking drives me crazy.I cant stand even walking through it.I would hate to live somewhere people smoked all the time and it would get into my house.

mom-to-3-kids
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM

If the units share a ventilation system you could be getting second-hand smoke (some swear its worse than first hand smoke, others  believe its slightly less dangerous, but either way its besides the point). Second hand will deliver the nicotine into your system, making you want more. But since most people don't know what pure nicotine looks like we tend to crave things with it in (like cigarettes).

Real extreme people avoid smoking, second hand smoke & third hand smoke. Third hand smoke is coming in contact with things that are around smokers (hand me down clothes, a 50s house that a smoker lived & smoked inside of). 

Sorry  their smoking is affecting your health, I hope you can move soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)