Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American cheese

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 27 Replies

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't buy American cheese?? I don't like hubby doesn't like the kids will eat it if it's there but don't really care if it's not so I don't buy it. People ask me what if you want grilled cheese Umm I grate some of whatever other cheese I have and make a sandwich that way. If we want cheese on a clod sandwich we either cut some off a block of cheese or sometimes we get provolone, Munster, or Swiss from the deli and they slice it for us we also use these for cheese burgers. So do you buy American cheese do you like to eat right out of the fridge or just melted on burgers or grilled cheese?? And do you think it's strange that I never have it in my house? Oh and do you only buy brand name or whatever's cheep? My SIL once she bought generic cheese for burgers and the damn stuff wouldn't melt.

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0M0F03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

We buy provolone. I'm not big on American either, but I can get it down :) I refuse to eat the singles in plastic though.

themacs4
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM

We typically buy Colby Jack.  I don't think I've ever bought American.

1busymomma03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
We eat American cheese. I buy Kraft cheese. I love other cheeses more though, but American cheese is just easy. LOL. So, no, I don't think it's strange that you never have it in your house. lol
Jennifer_236
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I dont buy it, the only time I eat it is at subway thats it

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM

We do not do american cheese.

lvnmylif
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I guess you can put us in the weird category.  We rarely use the Kraft American cheese slices. 

pixie_trix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I don't buy American cheese. Pretty much just processed cheese food..lol

We buy these cheeses on a regular basis.: sharp cheddar, pepper jack, muenster, smoked gouda, smoked cheddar.  And no, none of them are presliced and wrapped in plastic.. Can't bring myself to buy cheese like that for some reason.

I love a sharp cheddar/pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich.

briana_paige
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Muenster cheese is the best ever. I always buy the Sara Lee deli slices of it.

CafeMom Tickers
Wistful

We LOVE cheese in my house, so we don't discriminate!! :)

We do keep American in the house, but have about 4-5 other cheeses as well.
We shop at Costco, and buy the Kirkland American Cheese, it taste better then the brand name.

And no I don't think it's weird you don't like it. It's like how some don't like 'cheddar or swiss'.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

momto3girls0620

i don't like it but my kids do so we buy it..i like provolone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)