• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the "American Dream"?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

Is it just being a homeowner?  Do you think the idea of acheiving the "American Dream" is changing?

expecting boy

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momathome4k
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Bump.

pixie_trix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I think the "American Dream" is different for every person.

My American Dream has nothing to do with: owning a home,  making "x" amount of money, owning cars..ect..

My American Dream falls more into: living in the heart of a city I love, living my life on my own terms, enjoying myself during this lifetime as much as I can.. It has nothing to do with ownership of anything, or lots of material possessions..ect... My American Dream is living my life as I please, on my terms. Something that women in other parts of the world do not have the luxury of doing.

Whether the "American Dream"is achievable, depends entirely on what a person's ideal of the American dream is. My American dream has been achievable and I live it everyday.

Christy644
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM

my dream changed. My American Dream is to be able to pay my bills every month.

southernjess3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

i think right now the american dream is just having ends meet. Me and my dh are young..we dont have a ton of stuff...but we , i think, are lucky. We own our own home. We have absolutly no debt or credit cards. own two vehicles paid off. He has a good steady job. I'm a sahm. we have all bills paid with extra in the bank. we are just lucky right now compared to many. 

momathome4k
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

clapping

Quoting Christy644:

my dream changed. My American Dream is to be able to pay my bills every month.

MaMa2Azriel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM

In my mind, I think of the old dream of coming to a country with nothing and becoming wealthy and prosperous through your own hard work, intelligence and dedication.  People can still do this in America, but honestly, most are too damn lazy.

platt2mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM

my dream is just to watch my kids grow up happy and healthy in the comfort of my own home in my wonderful husbands arms! and someday sit back and spoil the grand babies and great grandbabies. and it'd be nice if my dog would live as long as we do too...lol

gardenchic
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT ON THIS, TO ME, yes a home owner,, that is the biggest accomplishment,, paid for vehicles, and doing and having it all, good kids,,,, good marriage, having fun,,,, living life to the fullest!!!!!!

tilly030409
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

to make it from day to day happy as possible

momathome4k
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

That is so true.

Quoting MaMa2Azriel:

In my mind, I think of the old dream of coming to a country with nothing and becoming wealthy and prosperous through your own hard work, intelligence and dedication.  People can still do this in America, but honestly, most are too damn lazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)