Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you always correct your small kids?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM
  • 30 Replies

I was in the grocery store today and my 4yo son was telling me how root beer was made. He told me Roots grew in barrrels and rootbeer grew from the roots. then people pour the rootbeer into cans and send it to grocery stores.

So I said ...yup, and I asked him how long it takes to grow root beer and all kinds of other questions.

Well this nosey lady standing next to us was mortified that I didn;t correct him. why? Who cares? He has a great imagination, but i'm sure he'll figure it out someday, lol.

My son always has these crazy stories about things come to be...and I hardly ever tell him he's wrong. do you?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM
No its one of the joys of childhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

nope....although my kids know how root beer is made because I made some the other day! LOL

Imagination is great and I wont stifle it.

christina0607
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Well according to my 4yo it takes 60 hundred years to grow rootbeer. You must have a lot of time on your hands:)

I told the woman she must not have kids and she just sort of shrugged and walked off.

Quoting SuperPickle:

nope....although my kids know how root beer is made because I made some the other day! LOL

ProudMom9799
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM

lol...no their version of the world is so much cooler than reality

ajtherad
Damn right! A child's imagination is amazing and no one should try to hold it back.

Quoting raegansmom:

No its one of the joys of childhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Nope.

Recently, my three year old asked me if I remember going on my honeymoon. He was talking about an anniversary trip, but I knew what he meant.

He went on to tell me about going on the honeymoon with me and getting me a 'big big bunch' of honey to eat when the moon came out. I ate it all and I didn't even get sick!

"Hate is just a special kind of love we give to
people who suck."

platt2mommy

no the only time i correct my 2 yr old (my oldest) is when she's calling a color the wrong color! or sometimes when she calls me my name instead of mommy, but i dont always even correct her on that because she hears everyone else call me that and i respond so why not? when she's older she'll learn.

platt2mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Quoting ProudMom9799:

lol...no their version of the world is so much cooler than reality

sunshineforall
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Quoting SuperPickle:

side note: how do you make it?

Sarah---mom to:  Jaedon (8/24/03) and Waylon (10/3/06).  Blessed!

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I don't correct her made up stories- that's her imagination working! But I do correct her English. (She says "pantses" instead of "pants" so I correct that. And if she says "is" when she should have said "are", I will correct that as well).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)