• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What about teaching religion in school?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 71 Replies

I have a real problem with this.Some people don't.I want my kids to learn facts and not radicalist views.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Teach them all or don't teach any...as far as public schools go...private, do what you want.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I don't agree with religion being taught in a public school. WHAT religion would you teach? How qualified would a teacher be to teach it? I teach, but am not qualified to teach about ANY religion. That is best left to PRIVATE schools focused on a SPECIFIC religion.

mikiemom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM

The problem is whose relitgion should they teach. They can't just teach the christian religion because there are more religions out there. There are as many flavors as christians as there are flavors of icecream In my opinion.

pixie_trix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Mandatory religion classes, only in religious (private) schools.

Elective religion classes like: world religions, religions and history, historic significance of world religions............. ect.   I'm okay with.

EmmasMom0305
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I'm unsure but leaning towards being fine with it. As long as it is an elective and they treat all religions the same.

_Bamaborn_
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Religion and sex... I dont want anyone teaching but his daddy and I.  I agree with the moment of silence they have in our school...thats as far as Im willing to go.  

LoriLou75
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Religion has NO PLACE in public schools.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Well,this is what I mean,I have a neighbor who is a radical Christian.One of the women in her church is a teacher in the local middle school.These people think that Obama is trying to turn us into a muslim country and I am afraid she would not teach the true muslim beliefs but the radical muslim beliefs.On the other hand,I don't want my kids learning the radical Christian beliefs without me there to tell them that it is not necessarily true.I also don't want them choosing friends because of religion based on some crazy zealots views.This goes for all beliefs and nonbeliefs.If you are going to teach it,teach facts.

jillbailey26
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I agree.

Quoting anetrnlov:

Teach them all or don't teach any...as far as public schools go...private, do what you want.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Quoting LoriLou75:

Religion has NO PLACE in public schools.

Well,in some schools in social studies or government classes they teach on it.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)