• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll: Cucumbers

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 60 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you put SALT on your CUCUMBERS?

Options:

I've NEVER HEARD OF IT!

Sounds weird

Yes, and it's yummy

Can't eat them without it...

Other, I put _____ on my cukes instead...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

How do you eat your cucumbers?  I like my fresh cucumbers peeled and sliced, then sprinkled with salt.... mmmmmmm.... 

But, it seems, I'm the only one who eats them this way?   My DH never did till he met me, my SIL was like WHAAA?  You put SALT on  cucumbers???  Where did you ever think of THAT???  

OK, I also, sometimes sprinkle just a little on my watermelon too (but just a little)... and it tastes very sweet... - that one I admit sounds weird..    Thus my poll...

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CosmicSpaceGal
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

ranch dressing to dip them in. I put a tiny bit of salt on my apples.

Miranda427

Now I've heard of putting a little salt on watermelon, but not on cucumbers. I may have to try that!

marshsmom

Personally I like garlic salt.  But I do the same peeled with salt.  YUM!  I'm from the south and salt on watermelon is normal around ehre, except I never liked it.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Eek my mind went to the gutter just from reading the title.  But to answer your question no I just dip em in ranch.

bupkie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

rolling on floor  I was wondering how many of us there were that were going to go "there"  haaahahahaaaaa!!!   

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Eek my mind went to the gutter just from reading the title.  But to answer your question no I just dip em in ranch.

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

bupkie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Hmmm... salt on apples you say???  I might just try that too... Now I'm curious...

Quoting CosmicSpaceGal:

ranch dressing to dip them in. I put a tiny bit of salt on my apples.

Bupkie.....

jacksonsmommy23
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I don'tlike to eat cucumbers alone. I like them in a salad or on a sandwhich. But I cannot eat watermelon or cantaloupe without salt

SunnyBaby
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Nope. I do like to douse them with lemon juice though.

Lovinmybabas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM

In my family we have always put a sprinkle on cucumbers and watermelon! YUM!

mckennasmum
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I did untill I had health issues now I use lemon juice.  Both are yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)