• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all internet savvy or car savvy, or super DIY Mamas!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know how to wrap car seats? Not kid car seats, I mean actual seats in the car.

We just got a classic car and I'm all excited b/c it's "our project" since the last car SO had was a race car that I knew nothing about. But now it's all new to both of us. So it's a lot of fun.

But anyways... we got some Spanish Blankets and some old, torn up VW seats, and my job is to wrap the seats. Do any of you have experience with that, or maybe your husband does? Or can you possibly find some pics online for me? I've been searching and can't find anything. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places..

Thanks!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I've never done it, but this is the link my bro used to help him wrap the seats in this old truck he got, so maybe it'll help? good luck

http://www.upholster.com/auto/truck.html

CassSpade
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

hm... I wonder if he just did a blanket wrap or a legit leather wrap? I did get that I need some spray glue. I wouldn't have even thought of that! Do you know what I mean by the spanish blanket thing? I know I've seen it done I'm just not sure exactly what it looked like. And I seem to remember it being on a bench seat, like an old vw bus...

Thank you very much :)

Quoting bamababe1975:

I've never done it, but this is the link my bro used to help him wrap the seats in this old truck he got, so maybe it'll help? good luck

http://www.upholster.com/auto/truck.html

CassSpade
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)