Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like to read?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughters and I love, love, LOVE reading, but hubby can pretty much take it or leave it. Do you like to read? What about your kids/significant other?

reading

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiamom123
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I love reading and my son loves listening to books since he can't read yet or pretend read to me. I am not with his father but his father hates reading and won't read aloud to him because he doesn't like to read aloud.

RissaBusch
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I LOVE reading.  Husband does not.  He says if it's worth reading they'll make a movie out of it.

DD does not read but likes being read to.  She's only 22 months.

twinbabyboys
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I LOVE to read! I read several books each month and have a bookshelf filled with books I haven't read yet..lol. Have you heard of paperbackswap.com? My kids love books too, I read to them a lot....My husband is the same as yours.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Aww, that's so sweet! I love it when they're at the pretend stage of reading, especially if they've memorized the story, but move their fingers along like they're really reading the words. My husband doesn't like to read, but he did read to the girls a few times when they were younger. He's dyslexic, so it's a challenge for him.

Quoting chiamom123:

I love reading and my son loves listening to books since he can't read yet or pretend read to me. I am not with his father but his father hates reading and won't read aloud to him because he doesn't like to read aloud.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM

LOL! Sounds like one of my brothers-in-law. It's good that she enjoys being read to, and your reading to her will be something she'll remember always. :)

Quoting RissaBusch:

I LOVE reading.  Husband does not.  He says if it's worth reading they'll make a movie out of it.

DD does not read but likes being read to.  She's only 22 months.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM

No, I haven't heard of that, but it's definitely something I'll look into. I have very little time to read these days, but I do try to fit it in as much as I can. :)

Quoting twinbabyboys:

I LOVE to read! I read several books each month and have a bookshelf filled with books I haven't read yet..lol. Have you heard of paperbackswap.com? My kids love books too, I read to them a lot....My husband is the same as yours.

kiernansmom08
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I LOOOOVE reading, always have.  My favorite days as a kid were curled up on my bed while it was raining outside with a good book.  I still love that (when I have the time! LOL) Usually I have 2 or 3 books going at the same time.  Hubby - not so much, LOL.

gypsydancer7
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM

My whole family loves to read, except for my Dad. Dh just finally (after 3 years) got me to pick up the George RR Martin series and Im kicking myself that I didnt do it before. I read 3-6 books a week

AjsMom0508
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I love to read and so does my 2 y/o DS.  My SO was finishing the Twilight series when we first started dating but I haven't seen him read a book since HAHA!

willowbluecrow
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM

am the only one in the house that reads, ive tried getting my sons into it but my 9 year old would rather play video games, and my other son is autistic and cant read but he does like to look at the toy magazines

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)