Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rude much?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 15 Replies

I never really particularly cared for my mother's husband. But.. eh.. whatevs. That's her man and I respect that. She invited me and my boys over for dinner last night and I hesitated but went anyway. I wasn't really in the mood to deal with him but the kids have a lot of fun over there... so I went.

After dinner my mom and I were in the middle of a conversation. Her husband had already left the table and she was picking up the dishes. I was wrapping up the convo so I could help her clean up and leave since it was getting to that time. Her husband comes out from the bedroom in his pj's and brushing his teeth. I thought it was odd .. but ok.

He went back to the bedroom, came back and asked me if I could help my mom clean up because.... he trailed off and was interrupted by my mom who said, "No no no. She has to leave and get the boys ready for bed. She doesn't need to help me clean."

I thought... wtf? Who does that? LOL. I don't know.. maybe it's just me that found that weird.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz_erica03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

singlemom416
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I dont find it weird,maybe its just because you dont care for him.My dad did that all the time.

mz_erica03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Quoting singlemom416:

I dont find it weird,maybe its just because you dont care for him.My dad did that all the time.

I thought that too. But I've known him for less than a year... so I'm not familiar with him yet.

mna_823
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I don't think it's strange.  Unless he had flashy PJ's or something.

ilove2beamommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Maybe he just went into 'stepdad' mode by starting to say that, then realized your a grown woman and shouldn't be given orders from him, and then realized how dumb he was sounding and stopped. Just giving the benefit of the doubt, but then again I don't know him like you do. :-)

Solo_Fan
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

uuummm, he should have helped her clean!  You are not there all the time, so what made him decided to tell you that?  I dont get it.

kikibix
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I think it's a bit odd to be getting on your pj's when you still have a guest over.  Can't imagine my Mom or Dad doing that  when they invite me over lol. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I don't really find it weird unless he came out half naked or something. Are you mad b/c he asked you to help your mom or were the pj's revealing? I'm trying to see what the issue is here.

mz_erica03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Quoting angelachristine:

I don't really find it weird unless he came out half naked or something. Are you mad b/c he asked you to help your mom or were the pj's revealing? I'm trying to see what the issue is here.

I thought it was odd that he was getting ready for bed when I (his guest) was still there. Then I thought it was even more odd to ask me (his guest) to help my mom clean up. I don't expect my guests to help me clean nor do I ask them. But I, as a guest, do offer the help. He just beat me to the punch.

mz_erica03
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Quoting Solo_Fan:

uuummm, he should have helped her clean!  You are not there all the time, so what made him decided to tell you that?  I dont get it.

LOL... Seriously! He should have helped her clean! He's such a weirdo. I came home and when SO got off from work ... I didn't bother to tell him. I know his response would be something like, "Oh hell no.. don't go over there anymore!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)