Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What in the heck is WRONG with people?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
  • 21 Replies

Here in TN and many other southern states (don't know if people do so nation wide) when there is a funeral procession...police stop traffic and traffic waits to let the procession go by.  You drive with your lights on bright, your hazzards on and an orange rearview placard to designate you are in the procession.  Today we laid sweet Miya to rest. 

Some jerk in his  beat up old pick up truck cuts into the line and tries to get through.  The policeman came up next to him and told him to pull over. (dont know if it is ticktable but I hope he got one).  I mean come on you can't wait 5-10 minutes to let grieving folk follow their loved one's hearse to the cemetary so they can say their final goodbyes.  later on down the road one guy went around a policeman and the cop yelled at him...he couldn't go after him cause he was stopping traffic.  I mean really......it is disrespect and what if it were their loved one?  NOt that they knew but this was for a baby...for crying out loud.........what jerks!  Sorry but that is just creepy to cut into the line of a designated funeral procession and try to get around them. It is known this is the funeral procession.  The police keep it  moving as quicly and safely as possible so the procession can move through in the least amount of time.  The use lights and sirens to go from street light to street light to stay just ahead of the procession and them move on once it passes.  Miya's procession was not miles long.  MOST people were respectful. 

What touched me most that once we arrived at the cemetary the policeman got out of their cars and stood with their hands over their hearts in tribute.  The police new it was the final goodbye for a child.  Some people walking the sidewalks stopped, hands over hearts and showed respect.....that was touching.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bananahammock1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

Kaelansmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

In some states, it is ticketable, but, may the gods bless those that stopped and showed respect.... I always stop my car, turn off my radio and just wait...

benjix
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Some ppl have no brains... and I'm deeply sorry for you're loss. God Bless

two4one

Around here if you see a line of cars with their headlights on, then you know it's a processional. There are no cops, hazard lights or placards. I'm sorry there were jerks. Some pople have no hearts.

busymomma75

In our town everyone stops and lets them go by, if its a bigger funeral the cops will block the roads, but everyone is respectful with funerals. We even shut off or lower our radios when passing the funeral home out of respect for the dead.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM

So sorry for the loss!!! I know the feeling that happened when we went to put my grandma at the cemetery the week before easter!! Some people just don't care anymore!!! HUGS

ilove2beamommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Very touching indeed. I'm sorry you even had to notice the thoughtless drivers. So sorry for your loss.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

thanks.....the one dude almost hit me trying to get in. If I see a processinal....I drop my head and pray for the comfort of the loved ones.  thanks again ya'll.  Sweet little Miya is at rest and now free from her life long struggle with pain and sickness and I pray those rude people will somehow learn to think of others.

sassbott_5000
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

ugh, people are disgusting and selfish.

Christine0813
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

That is one thing that really pisses me off. Some people only think about themselves. Doesn't matter what else is going on in the world. Been to many funerals where people have cut through to get in another lane or cut in the line and drove with procession line.

It can mess up everyone and end up leaving folks way behind the line.

Be respectful people, please.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)