Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you cook your....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

Corn on the cob??

I used to steam mine with out the husk. Now I soak it in water for about ten minutes and put it right on the grill, husk and all.

YUMMMMMM

So how do you cook yours?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Same as you

KelliandScott

Soak it in water and seasoning, then throw it on the barbie.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Same as you but I also make a lime/butter combo and  put this on a few minutes before they are done and have some of the butter mix on the side

JZB

Same or boil it

ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Same as you

aka_speezolove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Depends on the seaon...we don't grill here for about 6 months out of the year, but I do like it both ways.

Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

DH lost one of his front teeth and one of his side teeth, both on top, a few years ago (yay Army). They never gave him permanent false teeth...just temps.

We can't have corn on the cob :-(. I will probably eventually start making it again...and jsut cutting his off the cob...but for now....I use frozen.

TygerLily62
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

In the microwave. It steams it perfectly. You just leave it in all of the skin. Then when it's done cooking all of the skin and silk threads peel off perfectly.

mereinhart28
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

sometimes in the summer we have a roasted corn party. we roast it. We make a fire and wrap the corn in burlap (2-3 dozen at a time) put it over the fire on a piece of slate. Cook it for 8 hours. keeping it watered. Really good. But just for dinner I'll grill or boil.

ladyvamp5489
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

My DH LOVES to sprinke his with chili powder and garlic powder and pepper , top with butter and wrap in foil THEN grill it!  SO MUCH flavor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)