Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which is cooler in the summertime?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am debating on whether to cut my hair so it's not on my neck, or just put it up everyday. Which one would keep my head cooler over the summer?

it's linked, click it... you know you wanna!

Check out my Blog, where I review different products and services.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahFire82
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Probably cut it off. I have been growing mine for over a year but its so darn hot here I am contemplating cutting it again. I wear it up all the time but I can honestly say it was cooler when it was shorter.

babyfat5
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM

cut it short enough you can still put it in a small poney tail

Not.So.Virginal
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I'm also thinking of making it blonde, but i dont know how light I'll go. I figure the ligther it is, the cooler it'll be as well....

it's just thick and hot

Quoting SarahFire82:

Probably cut it off. I have been growing mine for over a year but its so darn hot here I am contemplating cutting it again. I wear it up all the time but I can honestly say it was cooler when it was shorter.

axy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM

cut it short!!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on May. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM

cut it. if you put it in a pony or bun, its still insulationg your head, haaha. i also have thick, long hair and i have been dying to cut it. just waiting for our $$$ situation to stabilize!

Jadegirl1819
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Super short like a boys cut would be cooler but if it still has some length in the front, like an angled bob, it sucks.

gardenchic
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

DO IT DO IT DO IT,,,,,, i just did, and i had such long long hair, and now NOONE KNOWS ME, ha ha, i like it this way!, then i coloured it too!,,, i am a NEW ME!,, if you live where it is hot all summer, it sure is the best way TO GO!

Not.So.Virginal
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I don't think I wanna go THAT short.... just so that it's not on my neck, ya know?

Quoting Jadegirl1819:

Super short like a boys cut would be cooler but if it still has some length in the front, like an angled bob, it sucks.

LuvMyPenguins
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

okay... I'll be the odd ball. I prefer mine longer in the summer. I like to be able to pull ALL of my hair away from my face and  neck.KWIM? I usually sport a ponytail anyway so having short hair usually drive me nuts anyway...Maybe dye it light like you said and see how you do with it and then cut it later if you feel like it's still too much to deal with.

Not.So.Virginal
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I'm in NY and it hit 90 today I think. My head gets hot under all this mess, lol

here's a pic of the hair as it is.... well, maybe

so it's not super long now, but it's thicker and semi-dark

Quoting gardenchic:

DO IT DO IT DO IT,,,,,, i just did, and i had such long long hair, and now NOONE KNOWS ME, ha ha, i like it this way!, then i coloured it too!,,, i am a NEW ME!,, if you live where it is hot all summer, it sure is the best way TO GO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)