Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with boys - Question about public bathrooms ...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM
  • 90 Replies

How old were your boys when you let them go into the mens bathroom by themselves ?

My oldest boy is 5 and of course he still goes into the womens bathroom with me  . We were on a field trip today and I was really suprised by the number of parents that let their 4 and 5 year olds go into the bathroom alone .

family in the vanSuccess is not the key to happiness . Happiness is the key to success . If you love what you are doing , you will be successful .

I love my family ! Jim & Cassie , Angelina, Lucas, Dillon and Owen . My life, My heart  !

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m_rob1021
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

my son is 19 months... bump.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Mine is 4 so he goes with me if im by myself. Normally my dad or husband takes him potty.

CarterMommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

my oldest is 5 and as long as i can see him go in and out we will let him go himself

BabyFetus Ticker

Javi05Eli07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I let my 4 year old go into a stall by himself, but there are too many creeps out there to go into the bathroom alone.

Kharma25
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I think it would depend on where I was.  Whether I was in a cafe in a tiny-ass Kansas town, or in Walmart in the middle of Denver.  I haven't really thought about this one though.  DH and I usually go places together, so for potty breaks he takes DS and I take DD.

Nicole5321
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

My oldest is 6 and I still make him come with me in the women's if i'm alone.  um....maybe 7 he can go alone after a longer talk about bad people

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

mine will be 7 in a few weeks and he still goes in with me. I'm not sure when I will let him  go in alone..............maybe 15 (j/k) We live in NYC so I really don't know.....................

MamaCass1219
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I do this too , they can have their own stall , but I'm in the bathroom with them ..

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

I let my 4 year old go into a stall by himself, but there are too many creeps out there to go into the bathroom alone.

family in the vanSuccess is not the key to happiness . Happiness is the key to success . If you love what you are doing , you will be successful .

I love my family ! Jim & Cassie , Angelina, Lucas, Dillon and Owen . My life, My heart  !

Kizbee

Sometime between 7 and 8 years old.

danielsmommy2b

My son is almost 6... and NO he will not go into the men's restroom alone. The only exception is places that only have 1 stall and lock and I will stand outside the door. We usually try to use family restrooms where available, it makes it so everyone can go without hassle! LOVE THEM! And to all the ladies who look at me like I'm nuts for taking him in the womens... SCREW YOU! :) That's all I have for you... but you NEVER know what kind of creeps there are in public restrooms and my baby will not use one alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)