• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is how people die...

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 26 Replies

Okay, so this is pretty much just a huge vent, but if I don't get it off my chest I may go out and yell in the streets and get the police called on me. LOL JK Anyways....

I was driving on the freeway today and there is major construction on this section of freeway and it is down to two lanes per direction well, this vehicle kept coming into my lane and almost hit me three times, he had been driving fine for a couple minutes after the third time he almost hit me, so I decided to speed up and pass him so I wouldn't be near him anymore. As soon as I drive up and am next to him he comes way into my lane again and I look over and he is TEXTING, this makes me so mad. So I honk at him to get in his own damn lane and he speeds up, so I call the highway partol, they pull him over and I had to turn around and pull over behind the patrol car so that I could give him my story. Well it took me a bit to get off of an exit and get back on and switch directions, anyways when I pull over there are now 3 patrol cars there and this guy is out of the car and they are searching his car. Long story short he threw his cell phone over the overpass so he wouldn't get caught, well cops are smart and they found it...duh dude. So he was arrested for obstructing justice or some crap and citied for driving and texting.(This guy was sooo stupid, 1. he was texting and driving, 2.He was on the freeway, 3. it was a construction zone.) By this point I am late for my appointment so I just head home. As I am getting off of the freeway I get side swiped, pretty bad. I pull over and the driver gets out and she is crying and she said "I'm so sorry, I was texting and didn't see you!" OMFG!!!! So one of the same officers from before comes to the scene and gives her a citation for texting and driving. It just makes me so mad that these people think it is okay to text while behind the wheel. It can wait until you are home or wherever you are going. I want more punishments for these people, they are not only putting their lives in danger but mine and my family( I had my 4 month old DD in the car) and everyone else on the road.

Ughhhh sorry for the long vent but like I said I needed to get it off of my chest.

I love my family...wife to Scott and momma to Chloe.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wistful
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Wow!! What a day!! I am glad you are ok!

roxy85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Write your congressmen. It's normal everyday people that come up with ideas for laws based on their own life changing experiences...

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

That is a great idea...how would I get ahold of them?

Quoting roxy85:

Write your congressmen. It's normal everyday people that come up with ideas for laws based on their own life changing experiences...

JlynnDoyle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Wow, what a crappy day.  Sorry that happened but glad you & your little one are ok.  I would be upset too.  I agree with you.  If it's really that darn important to talk to that person can't people just use a hands free headset & call the person?

KandiceN
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Holy crap!  Twice?  Who did you piss off? Kidding kidding :)  I'm so glad you are okay though.  Here in MN texting while driving is illegal.  Thankfully!!  Wow, I'm just glad you're okay.

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Quoting JlynnDoyle:

Wow, what a crappy day.  Sorry that happened but glad you & your little one are ok.  I would be upset too.  I agree with you.  If it's really that darn important to talk to that person can't people just use a hands free headset & call the person?

I went out and bought a car that had the bluetooth built in and I can send texts with it too. So all I have to do is say read texts and it reads them. I can say make text and send texts. That is the ONLY WAY I TEXT AND DRIVE. lol

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM

It is here in UT too, but I don't think that a ticket and a small fine is a big enough punishment for doing it.

Quoting KandiceN:

Holy crap!  Twice?  Who did you piss off? Kidding kidding :)  I'm so glad you are okay though.  Here in MN texting while driving is illegal.  Thankfully!!  Wow, I'm just glad you're okay.

roxy85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

http://www.congress.org/

At the very bottom under directories there is an option to find your state elected and local officials. You can find their contact information there. They are your elected representatives and should give a damn about anything that matters to you.

Quoting brandiaubrey:

That is a great idea...how would I get ahold of them?

Quoting roxy85:

Party Balloons Child Birthday Ticker
Join my group for EUROPEAN AMERICAN MAMAS!
Allebas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

WOW!!! I am SO SORRY you had such a bad day!!!! I have had SOOO MANY close calls with IDIOTS either texting or calling someone on their cell phone it is not even funny!!!! It drives me NUTS!! I ALWAYS pull OVER when I need to call on my cell phone!!!!

I met a gal who was hit by some IDIOT using their cell phone. He ended up slamming  into her car, causing her LIFE-LONG medical problems!!! The driver on the phone of course, did NOT get hurt at all!! His vehicle was much BIGGER than hers!!! SOOO STUPID!!!!!

Oh--I LOVE your profile picture of your baby!! TOOO CUTE!!!

coutterhill
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

and she was dumb enough to tell you that she was texting! people are stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)