Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think children can sense pregnancy before you know? ***EDIT IN RED***

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:54 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do you think that children can sense pregnancy before you find out? My 3 year old out of know where last night pointed at my belly and said "baby in there" and then he did it to me this morning again. There is a possibility that I could be but i havent tested yet...i think its to soon...i would only be a couple weeks if i was...DH and I have been trying for a year and a half for #2. What do you all think?

***EDIT***

Well....it has been proven by two tests this morning that I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!! I am only a few weeks so its still early. It is so wierd how my son knew before I did!!! I can ask him now, where theres a baby and he points to my belly. And, it would explain why hes been so lovey dovey clingy to me lately!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allebas
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I TOTALLY BELIEVE it!!! I know a lady whose child told her TWICE that she was pregnant before she was far enough to test, and also told her the sex of the babies both times and was RIGHT BOTH TIMES!!! My oldest son told me SEVERAL YEARS before it happened, that I would have a baby GIRL!!! It was CRAZY!!! I had 3 boys at the time, and wanted SOOO BADLY to have a girl!! He told me one day, "Don't worry mommy!! We will have a baby sister someday!!" SURE ENOUGH--about 14 years later, I DID have a baby GIRL!!!! A friend of mine--her DH told her she was pregnant and told her it was a GIRL and sure enough--it came true!!

Mommy2Ean
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I am hoping so badly that its a "sign" for me!! :) we have been trying for a while and have gone through 5 unsuccessful months of medication and then it got to be to much so we gave up. i have been off meds for almost 3 months now. My DS told me that "baby sister in there"  this morning!!! I want a baby girl soooo bad!! :) lol wish me luck!!

lindseyjay347
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM

i do without a doubt!!! When my friend Lauren got pregnant my little girl had always loved her but she just really started acting diff around her, almost like she was scared of her. She wouldnt' let Lauren (our babysitter at the time) touch her or look at her without bawling. 2 weeks later we found out Lauren was pregnant, a month later she lost the baby. It was wierd because after she lost the baby my little girl was back to normal. She loved her and wanted her all the time. I think they can sense these things

lindseyjay347
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Good luck momma heres a bump just to keep this going

jmansmom802
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

lol I believe to, my brother when he was about 4 or 5yrs old he told my Aunt that (she said no of course) but come two weeks later she found out she was preggo lol so I so believe that is true,  little fortune talers   so cute

jasminesmom09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:10 PM

yup.. i'm almost pos. i'm preg (used thin strip tests, but don't trust them.. got 2 lines but 2nd line disappeared @15 minutes)and DD has been really cuddly the past 2 weeks...

mrs.c123
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

hmmmm well in my case im hoping not.. my 4 year old son did the same thing to me a couple of days ago out of the blue, he told me "mommy you have a baby in your belly?" i told him no, and he was like oh ok, and then yesterday he did it again....in your case op good luck and wish you the best...but in my case..im done with kids lmao so this would be a shocker, plus i have an iud anyhow...soo hmm

lindseyjay347
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM

haha! kids say the darndest things lol!!! Right after I had my second seems like everywhere I went I had little kids asking me if their was a baby in my belly..i'm sure it was because at the time I still physically looked pregnant, but wow what a way to feel great about yourself after just having a baby lol

Quoting mrs.c123:

hmmmm well in my case im hoping not.. my 4 year old son did the same thing to me a couple of days ago out of the blue, he told me "mommy you have a baby in your belly?" i told him no, and he was like oh ok, and then yesterday he did it again....in your case op good luck and wish you the best...but in my case..im done with kids lmao so this would be a shocker, plus i have an iud anyhow...soo hmm

I am a...

Formula feeding, photo snapping, outdoors loving, tie wearing, vaccinating, pro-choice, liberal, shopaholic,  skull loving, social drinking, black wearing, college bound, married, working mom of two beautiful little girls who make my entire would go around!!!!

mrs.c123
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM

lol, yeah i asked him if mommy looked like she had a baby in there, and he told me no...but theres one there...lmao and i know what your talking about..the post baby pudge...awesomeness lol btw my name is lindsey too ;)

Quoting lindseyjay347:

haha! kids say the darndest things lol!!! Right after I had my second seems like everywhere I went I had little kids asking me if their was a baby in my belly..i'm sure it was because at the time I still physically looked pregnant, but wow what a way to feel great about yourself after just having a baby lol

Quoting mrs.c123:

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)