Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you or do you know of someone who has adopted a military working dog?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I are considering adopting this MWD BUT here is the catch she is already 9 yrs old with some arthritis (although she doesnt show any signs of it from watching her). Im conserned that with her being so old she wont eventually settle down and learn how to be a family dog. Right now you cant even really pet her, she is to used to being handled on to give commands and working or playing by throwing soemthign and playing fetch.. My husband REALLY wants her because of her military background and stuff. But the whole reason I wanted a dog in the first place was for my son and yea she will fetch a toy with him but will she let him pet her or lay with her..plus being already 9 how much longer will she live?... I just dont know.. what would you do?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilysmommy23
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM

BUMP!

Mommie2Kailen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

BUMP!

mrcameronsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM

okay even if you dont have any personal experience of having or knowing someone that has one of these dogs, tell me what you would do if you were me wanting a dog for your son. Would you get one that is 9 yrs old and only ever known working in the military or would you wait and get a dog thats still young and can grow iwth your son..??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)