Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what I want to be when I grow up....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm happy being a stay at home mom but would like to help bring in income. I have an xray license and a bachelors degree... but for one there are no xray jobs available in this stupid town that uncle sam sent us too, and for two I have no management experience so my degree is useless. I've been taking nursing classes to apply for an RN program but I dont know if my heart is in it! I really dont wanna be a nurse, I dont think. But I dont know what else to do.... I was looking at a medical assistance program but its about as long as the nursing program. IDK I just dont know what to do with my self. If you were in my situation what would you do?

A)-Say forget it and be a stay at home mom till my kids go to school (they are 15 months and almost 3 years old)

B)-Continue on with nursing school and apply to start next year.

C)-Do a medical assistance program

D)-Continue searching for an xray job but stay home and not worry about it till then?

Life never goes as planned.... I really wanna do xray but I cant create myself a job here...lol

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

bump....

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM

noone has advice?

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM

bump... I hardly get replies in my posts... if at all :-( 

sunshineforall
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

you could try the nurse thing and then decide if you like it or not? and then go from there.  when a x-ray position opens up then quit nursing and go do what you originally wanted to do.  

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I figure if I go through all the schooling to be a nurse I will just work parttime doing both. Though I prefer xray. I just dont know, I really would rather just do xray but such is life I guess. RN pays more though. Thanks for your reply!

Quoting sunshineforall:

you could try the nurse thing and then decide if you like it or not? and then go from there.  when a x-ray position opens up then quit nursing and go do what you originally wanted to do.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)