• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be worried?(baby movement question)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

i'm 27 weeks and i was out and about all day when i realized i hadn't felt the baby move at all that i could remember.  i went by my midwife and they found a heartbeat and said i was probalby just dehydrated and to go home and drink lots of water and lay and rest that the baby should wake right up.  i've been home for over an hour and resting and had amost 64 oz of water and so far only 1 or 2 little wiggles nothing like usual.  my toddler is going to be waking up from his nap soon so i will be up and moving again, should i be worried about not feeling much movement or do you think baby is just having a lazy day?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CeeLee85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM

BUMP!

chais_wifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Personally during my first pregnancy my daughter rarely ever moved. But now she is a healthy 2 yr old. If ur midwife wasn't worried just do as u were told and rest. I know preggo women love to worry but just do ur best to relax. Hope everything is fine with ur little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambersmommy730
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Probably just having a lazy day due to you being out and about today. All the walking lulled baby to sleep. Try drinking some OJ or something sweet to see if that gets him/her moving around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
MeganGallagher
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

i would think a lazy day.. i had the same worries when i was preggo.. also, if the baby moved in a different position, his movements might not be as noticeable

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I had to do kick counts every day and do two non stress tests a week, my DD would move all day everyday and then one day she didn't move at all. She was fine, she was just growing more and getting situated in her now tighter home. I wouldn't be worried, ecspecially if your midwife said that the baby looked and sounded fine. Good luck

axy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

if your midwife wasnt concerned i think everything is probably ok. just try to rest as much as possible, and take it easy.

jasminesmom09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

becasue you were moving so much it could take a lil longer for the baby to move a lot... just have a snack (something w/ sugar) and rest

2beautygirl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM
If your worried have a non stress test.It's really easy.I had one when I was worries my dd stopped moving for like a day or so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeLee85
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

she offered to send me for an ultrasound if i wanted but she thought everything was OK.  after i posted i felt a few more thumps and i just got an elbow or a knee now so i think shes waking up LOL DS is awake now too so i'm off ot play thanks everyone you made me feel better!

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on May. 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Yeah, all the moving and walking can relax a baby and they will just be asleep the whole time. They are just like us, we have days where we dont want to move around and be lazy..babies are the same. Some days they are more active than others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)