Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The swimsuit debate

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I went out to buy dd a new swimsuit today. We picked out 2 two piece suits and one tankini. My favorite was the tankini. I just liked the pattern best and it looked so cute on her. She liked one of the 2 piece ones best.  The one she liked and got was my second favorite.

She did not like the tankini because it didn't show her belly. She is 5, will be 6 in July. Mommy does not like this comment.  I know I am in for it when she is a teen. I am soooo dreading those years.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2wy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Ya those years are scarey for me also. I have custody of my 9yr old niece and she likes all the tight fitting, revealing clothes like she is 15 instead. GL momma hope it all goes easy for us both!

CassSpade
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM

that's a hard one. My Mom didn't let me wear a 2 piece until I was 13. DD wears them now but she's only 3.. I'm not sure if I'll let her wear one at that age. There are a lot of cute one pieces, I'll probably just plan ahead and look up some cute ones online b4 letting her chose.

CassSpade
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

oh yeah, when I was about 9, I remember telling my Mom with complete conviction "when I am big, I'm going to wear short shorts and short shirts!" I did to an extent... and I was never really in to boys or anything.. I just thought it was cute. Like Daisy Duke!

southernjess3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

YOUR dreading those years??? i will have THREE teenage girls. lol..I AM SCARED

MomW773
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM
I have one daughter, she's 14. She will be going into high school this fall. She's a cute girl and really developing a body, it freaks me out! She prefers 2 pieces, so we try to find swimsuits that aren't revealing. She no longer wears kids clothes, she shops in the adult section. All I can say, is I'm so glad I only have one daughter! (I have 2 sons, ages 7 & 11).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)