Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my "perfect" wedding venue may not be so perfect afterall :( help??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

i'm glad i decided to start planning my wedding early (it's not for another 16 months), because i just received the application form to my "perfect" wedding venue. or, at least, i thought it was perfect... but now i'm wondering if it'll be too much hassle. i never took into consideration that my venue, although only 45 minutes from my house, is in a different state (i'm in pa and the venue is in ny). on the application it says that all weddings must be sanctioned by the state of ny. so how do i go about doing this? and would this mean that i'd have to get 2 marriage licenses? one for pa and one for ny? or would i have to take my pa marriage license to a ny courthouse?

also, the form states that i need to send in a copy of insurance, indemnifying this venue for 1 MILLION DOLLARS! ok, i have NEVER heard of such a thing... anyone have ANY idea? this is starting to sound like more work than it's worth. all i wanted was a really nice outdoor wedding. i'm sure i can find a place just as good that isn't as confusing.

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amandaandamy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

manamott
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I think you have to get a NY marriage license and that's it. Not sure about the other questions though...so here's a bump

maybaby08
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Yikes! I thought they were supposed to have their OWN insurance??

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM

WOW  I would look for a place in PA rather than NY for that price and hassle.

RmeWifey01
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Where in NY? I got married in NY but did not have to get insurance for anything. Maybe you should try the Poconos or something.

Pinkmankie
by Kelly on May. 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM
We ran into all kinds of issues planning our wedding. We ended up going to Las Vegas. Best idea ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinkmankie
by Kelly on May. 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM
We ran into all kinds of issues planning our wedding. We ended up going to Las Vegas. Best idea ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessieroo86
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM

if you are getting married in NY you probably would have to get a ny marriage license. i know you just go to the court house in the town your getting married in and apply for one.

momma_gig
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM

i envy you! LOL jk, but i've seriously been trying to get DF to agree to a vegas wedding. he's not for it, at all :(

Quoting Pinkmankie:

i'm a proud young, unmarried, non-vaxing, non-spanking, co-sleeping, nurse-on-demand, disposable diaper using, occasional formula feeding, baby wearing, binkie giving, tattooed, vegetarian, 21 year old SAH momma to a 2 year old little diva and a 7 month old baby boy. i am also MADLY in love with the most amazing guy ever, who just happens to be their father <3

momma_gig
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM

i thought they were supposed to have their own insurance, too! and the town i wanted to get married in actually a little gated community. has anyone ever heard of lily dale? i'm not even sure where the nearest courthouse to lily dale would be!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)