Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats up with my dogs?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok idk whats upwith my 2 great danes. They are both fixed and were fixed at 6 months of age each. Dinah is 2 years old and fletcher is 1.5. They are brother and sister. I went out to the living room becuase they are making to much noise and my daughter is asleep. And they are attached!! as in stuck together lol. He mounted her and i dont get it?? ive been seeing her acting like she wants to mate but they are both fixed dogs dont do this when they are fixed right??

Any ideas?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

babies
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FooLynRoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM

They are mating - although if they are altered nothing will come of it.

scaredoflabor
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

obviously but i was told that when they are fixed they wont mate? and we have never had issues with this before. she is rubbing up on him trying to get him to mate with her she shouldnt be doing this right? since she is spayed? Ive owned many dogs but never had any fixed animals mate.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

babies
FooLynRoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Neither have I , however its still possible.

Apparently you have the horniest great danes in the americas. LOL
congratulations

Quoting scaredoflabor:

obviously but i was told that when they are fixed they wont mate? and we have never had issues with this before. she is rubbing up on him trying to get him to mate with her she shouldnt be doing this right? since she is spayed? Ive owned many dogs but never had any fixed animals mate.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

aritoyh
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:43 PM

My cats are fixed and they do this sometimes. Getting them fixed doesn't always kill the drive/instinct to do it, just means no babies as the result.

Willowjade
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Just because they  get fixed doesn't mean the instinct isnt there.

FooLynRoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM

did you an your hubby have sex recently? You obviously aren't on your menses.

Dogs often relate to their owners vibes as well.

I know our male, after my husband and I have sex he will stick his face in the air and sniff like theres a fresh baked pizza in the oven, then act all manly huffin around jumping around like he ate a pixie stick.

scaredoflabor
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

lol not in a few days for us having sex but dinah has been acting weird since that day. Just weird lol i thought dogs were different. they dont go after each other if they are fixed. but i guess not

FooLynRoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Quoting scaredoflabor:

lol not in a few days for us having sex but dinah has been acting weird since that day. Just weird lol i thought dogs were different. they dont go after each other if they are fixed. but i guess not

I would think its pretty uncommon for them to actually tie up, I know my male doesn't want a thing to do with my female except take a nice long wiff of her hiney now and again.. but I also think my boy is a snob, since my girl is a mix breed LOL

But it doesnt always kill the insticts, my boy humps on occasion if he gets very excited , but its usually just the air. or the ground.

I have a dog nephew who comes over, who is much smaller than both my dogs, and he will just walk behind my female while shes sitting there and hump the air like 2 feet from her rear end.. like sneak humping.. and he's fixed too

FooLynRoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if it had some instict to do with you being pregnant too. You might be sending out hormones that your girl picks up on and gives her the urge to procreate

Kinda like women in the same house sync up their periods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)