Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK I never vent about my husband..but..REALLY???? (WOW LONG)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

My hubby is a GOOD man...we are ..(usually) very happy...have been for 14 years...In those 14 years there have been a couple of times he has said things without thinking...OK..That's men for you ...whatever..I stare at him...shake my head...and move along...

BUT....In the last 2 days he has TWICE managed to really TICK ME OFF and I told him today ..."STOP speaking....Just stop..Do NOT say anything else to me for the rest of the month..."...He laughed as I am never cross but I was NOT effing about...He better just shut his gob!!!

Yeah Yeah Im getting to the point....YESTERDAY ...I tell him I have a meeting to discuss next years therapy for Nicky...He is 8 1/2 Autistic son....He functions at a 4 1/2 year level.....He told me...It was MY fault Nicky is Autistic...because I babied him!!!!!!!!

Then Today he calls from work which he never does...and tells me he had an idea how I can lose weight... (I am very heavy and very self conscious)...He says...If you lose 60lbs I will ALLOW you to have a tattoo.....60lbs?? Allow?? WTH I am 42 years old!!!

IF you maganged to get through this rant I applaud you!!! Thanks for listening..He is  moron ...lol..but ..alas I love him and am stuck with him......

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifenmom09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Men... ugh seriously.... I'd have countered with something.

My hubby won't "allow" me to do a lot of things.... and most of them I do anyway.

jothra
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I would go get the tatoo (if you want one right now) and then just walk around and not say anything =p

mommymandaleigh
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Ummm I think I probably would have slapped him...those are two pretty mean things to say !

Cookie-kisses
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Tell him you can loose a very quick 200 lbs ( his weight)! 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

What a Meany. A friend of mine had a baby that was in ICU(she was heartbroken) her dh told her that it was her fault because she pushed him out wrong. Knowing how she was feeling about it all , I was shocked. I don't know I cant deal with those things, so if that was us dh would have to get some counseling to get a hang on his mouth, especially if he expected me to be raising kids with him. FOr me life's to short to be spending my time with someone that makes me feel bad, but if it does not bother you and he does not treat your kids the same way then I don't know what to say.

MaeHamMomma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I have an idea.......... tattoo Moron on his forehead and only "allow" him to remove it when he starts THINKING before talking!

My husband does the same thing sometimes.....MEN! ugh. Still love him though.

krise
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM

what a dumb man.

axy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM

men are so insensitive!!! id get the tattoo then flaunt it in front of him. maybe you can tell him something along the lines of "since you wont LET me get a tattoo, i wont LET you have dinner"

MamaFen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

just get "my husband is a jackass" tattooed on ya.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM

It sounds like he has the best of intentions when it comes to the weight thing but said it all wrong!  As for the autistic thing I don't even know what to say about that.  Men, ugh!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)