• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Feel About Children and Pageants?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 58 Replies

How do you feel about beauty pageants for small children? (Specifically ages 0-10) If you've seen shows like Toddlers & Tiaras, you know what it's all about. 

Would you ever let your son or daughter do pageants? Do you agree with that sort of lifestyle?

Here's a preview of the show Toddlers & Tiaras for those who haven't seen it.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
omgamomie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Are you watching Toddlers and Tiaras?

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I think that they are ridiculous and disgusting... and no, my daughter will NEVER be allowed to participate in them.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

mommy492006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM

You can be in pagents and not make it a lifestyle... I was in a bunch as a toddler... I always won prettiest face or best smile... had a ton of trophies and tiaras.... but I dont care much about getting prissied up now... i'm a tom boy... always was...

wedding website
nichola_b
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM

i want to put my 2 year old  daughter in a few but only the ones around here...but she will not be wearing makeup like the toddlers on toddlers and tiaras

katzero
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Quoting omgamomie:

Are you watching Toddlers and Tiaras?

Yes! I love a good marathon.

Country_Momma89
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I like the idea of the natural pageants but would never do anything like they do on Toddlers and Tiaras.

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I'll let dd do a few but nothing like T&T. And nothing like the pageant moms I've met on here, airbrushing their 4 year old's photos.. it's disgusting really.

omgamomie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I might do on an all natural one. Its highly unlikely as I don't want to spend the money nor time to find one.

AquarianPath
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

*thumbs down* That's how I feel

ballerina18
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

ditto

Quoting AquarianPath:

*thumbs down*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)