• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal preschooler behavior?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

Does anyone else have a toddler whom you belive is day dreaming?

Im a bit conserned my 4 year old will not be able to focus.

Im CONSTANTLY telling him watch where your going not where your coming from.Hes been this way walking and has ran into stuff,and now hes riding a bike and im afraid hes going to hit a car(parked-we travel sidewalk) or a person walking because he does NOT pay attention.

Any advice?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM

BUMP!

MissMommaX2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

i think it's just a normal toddler thing. i tell izzy ALL the time to watch where she's going. and you know how izzy is! lol

Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I worry hes going to have a hard time focusing,he starts tball in a few weeks and Im hoping he can stay focused!

Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM

ty for the bump.I would talk to the pedi but i was just there last wk and my husband wasnt conserned so i didnt mention it,but its bugging me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

BUMP!

Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

BUMP!

nf1
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:21 PM

bump

Kerfuffle
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:25 PM

The term toddler in your title threw me off. I was expecting something about an 18 mos - 3 year old.  A 4 year old is technically a preschooler.  (sorry for doing that...  i am really not trying to be a bitch or condescending)

I think it's normal.  My oldest just turned 5 and he is like that too.  My brother was like that when he was that age.  My mom was forever telling him to look ahead not behind him.  My 3 year old daughter does it a bit too... not as bad as my son.  i think it is partly the age and partly being a boy

feverishpink
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

BUMP

Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Oh sorry ill fix that!

How is your oldest in school?I want to ensure hes not set behind because of it,I fear adhd because of his day dreaming.

Thanks!

Quoting Kerfuffle:

The term toddler in your title threw me off. I was expecting something about an 18 mos - 3 year old.  A 4 year old is technically a preschooler.  (sorry for doing that...  i am really not trying to be a bitch or condescending)

I think it's normal.  My oldest just turned 5 and he is like that too.  My brother was like that when he was that age.  My mom was forever telling him to look ahead not behind him.  My 3 year old daughter does it a bit too... not as bad as my son.  i think it is partly the age and partly being a boy

Nursetashi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM

my daughter is 9 and sometimes im like "watch where you going" and shes ALWAYS daydreaming, I usually have to repeat myself three times finally I couldnt take it and I say things once then I say "i dont repeat myself" and refuse to repeat it and she focues better now lol...make sure he doesnt ride by himself there are certain things I dont let my daughter do independently yet bc she can be spacey at times...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)