Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION ABOUT MOSQUITOS !!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

And im sure i spelled it wrong ....

What propellent works ? not something thats a lotion or a spray. i honestly dont want to keep rubbing myself or my kids with something. But what can we put on our deck that really works at keeping them away ? like a candle or something .... This is rediculis i was just outside not even 5 minutes and i have over 15 bites (yes i counted) 10 are in the same area, my daughter on the other hand i dont think she got any lol ... What is it about Prego people or ME that they love so much gee wis !

Anywho any advice or anything would be wonderful THANK YOU !

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luv2wahm
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

citronella candles help

Kodysmommy928
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

There are organic repellents out there.  I use TheraNeem Herbal Outdoor Spray and I have been using it on my baby since he was 4 months old.  We live in Florida...believe me it works!  Plus it is organic, nothing nasty in it!

Mommy2LnJ
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Quoting luv2wahm:

citronella candles help

This, and I know at Home Depot and maybe Target or Dicks they have little clip on things that you put a cartridge in and it has a little fan.. not sure how well they work. Oh, they also have lanterns you can get with refill things, I know they really work.

I'm a strong, pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', tattoo addicted, Brett Favre & NY Mets loving SAHM of 3 yr old twin boys. *The tattoo is the mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface*

momto3girls0620
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM

i have heard that dryer sheets keep them away..don't know for a fact though ..

momto3girls0620
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM

oh and skin so soft from avon

Love2Bugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM

OH i saw those clip on thingys on tv, i wonder if they really work !

LOL i think i may get ALL of it ! seriously id take a pic but im pale as hell and doubt anyone wants to be blinded ....

Quoting Mommy2LnJ:

Quoting luv2wahm:

citronella candles help

This, and I know at Home Depot and maybe Target or Dicks they have little clip on things that you put a cartridge in and it has a little fan.. not sure how well they work. Oh, they also have lanterns you can get with refill things, I know they really work.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Love2Bugs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM

OMG one of the little bastards got in the house and im being attacked ! like seriously i move my leg back and forth and its just fallowing it, i go to smack him but hes to fast ..... grrr

Pregnancy%20ticker

hlewis
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:07 PM

my hubby just sprayed the yard with Malathion (found it at Lowes), seemed to help alot in a day or so!  it's what they spray our town with.  there is also a fogger you can buy, costs 70-80.00 though.  it's supposed to be great!  good luck, i understand your pain!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)