Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GET A JOB!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
  • 38 Replies

Hehe, changed the title ---- Here's my good news!

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In short, I WAS on SSDI for having cancer, going through 10 surgeries, treatments, etc. I came up for review to renew disability and was denied. At first I was in shock and freaking out. I've been given the clean bill of health by all my doctors. I have (hopefully) no more surgeries to deal with.

With all that said, I *COULD* go on PA. We qualify for pretty much everything. Cash assistance, Food Stamps, WIC...after we bought the house and are going to lose SSDI, our income level will go down and they will take into account or mortgage when calculating our income.

We have been just getting by and "doing ok" for the past 2 years with me being on SSDI.

We talked about it, and decided for me to try to work. I put my resume out there two weeks ago, got a bite with a reputable company for an inside sales/marketing/B2B job with Motorola. REALLY good benefits.....I had an interview last week and go back in tomorrow to iron out all the details.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!! FINALLY, I get to go do what I'm highly proficient in, do what I love, make some good money, and not be on any sort of assistance (which is good for those who need the help)............. 

I just wanted to share the good news with you all!!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Congrats!

AquarianPath
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

:D

AquarianPath
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM

BUMP!

Dodgermommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM

awesome!! congrats!!

you rock

aydensmommy326
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM

yay! congrats

annie610

CONGRATS

RmeWifey01

good

AquarianPath
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I can't wait, I seriously can NOT wait to start this job. We'll have much more money to do stuff with.

picturemom34
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM

congratulations

AquarianPath
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)